x

Migrate an existing Weebly-built website located at a Weebly Reseller to a new Weebly.com account

January 4, 2023, 6:50pm PST

To Weebly Support,

As soon as possible, we need to migrate an existing weebly-built website currently located at a Weebly reseller who is experiencing various company difficulties.

QUESTIONS

How do we accomplish that?

Who do I talk to - preferrably - IN PERSON - to get this migration done? What is the person's name, phone number and email address?

Working thru a migration event using community support "chat"/"threads" is not timely, nor effective, nor efficient, nor proper due to the complexities of a site migration.

What does Weebly Tech Support need from us to get this effort started?

We have our own domain. We will not be transferring it to Weebly.com.

How will I get the new dedicated IP address for the site after it is transferred to the new account at Weebly.com, so that we can have our domain registrar change the A-record, etc.?

The site currently does not have a store, nor use eCommerce for anything. For the foreseeable future we do not need a "Square" website nor need to sync up the new weebly account with Square services.

We just need to continue having a Weebly-built site using the Weebly Builder/Editor.

NEW WEEBLY.COM ACCOUNT

We need to migrate the existing Weebly-built site from our account at the Weebly reseller to a new Weebly.com account we set-up today, January 4, 2023. The new account uses the Performance level package.

CONTACT INFO

When the Weebly Tech Support Department that takes care of migrations contacts me, I will be able to give them the reseller name from which we are moving, our website name, our login information, etc., and of course get our new Weekly.com account name, contact, and account login information

Weebly can contact me at:

Deb Odell
Email: impact@theodellgroup.us
My Direct Line: 661-269-2398

EXISTING WEBSITE OVERVIEW
Following is an overview of the existing website to be migrated:

1. The existing site uses the Weebly "Baileys" Theme that has been extensively customized by our website developers.

2. The existing Weebly-built site currently uses 4 installed apps from Weebly App Providers:
â
¢ The Tabs by Baamboo Studio;
â
¢ Boo-Slider by Bamboo Studio;
â
¢ Vertical Divider by Waddons;
â
¢ Accordion Toggle by Waddons.

When the site is migrated we must be sure that the above apps are still compatible with the Weekly Website Builder/Editor and that they will continue to be 100% functional, as these apps are used throughout the 50+ pages that make up the current website.

3. Currently the site is hidden from search engines

4. The site is currently unpublished while awaiting migration

5. Under General Settings:
â
¢ Site Title - Checked: Show title on top of your pages
â
¢ The site does utilize a favicon.

6. Current SEO in Settings Section only has a Site Description:
Specialty Cruise Experts | Passenger Freighters. Expedition & Adventure Cruises. Small Ships. Tall Ships. | TravlTips

7. Current Members in Settings Section only has the following setting:
Login | Register
Checked: Show "Log-in" in site menu
The site does not have any members to be worried about.

8. The site does not have a Blog. Thus no migration concerns.

I think that's about it for now until I hear from the migration team at Weebly.com

Thank you,

Deb Odell
The Odell Group Creative Agency
Web Development
661-269-2398
impact@theodellgroup.us

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Deb-Odell

Unfortunately, it is not possible to migrate a site into a Weebly account. The only option is to rebuild the site from scratch in the new account. 

If this will not work for you, you can contact our support team for a refund of the hosting plan you purchased. 

Phone and chat reps are available Mon-Fri 6am-6pm MST and Sat-Sun 8am-5pm MST

Please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this.

Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your response on Jan. 6, 2023, @BernadetteA.

I will send your message regarding having a weebly-built website migration to weebly.com done to our Client for their consideration and decision before we do anything.

Please do not close this thread; I will let you know how we will proceed as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Deborah Odell
Odell Group Creative Agency
Web Development
travltips.toa1@gmail.com
-OR - impact@theodellgroup.us
661-269-2398

Message 3 of 3