x

Need help to develop a needed function for my Weebly website

I am relatively new to website development, but Weebly made it fairly easy to put one together. Recently, I developed a Weebly website for a friend, with the Weebly system, and things are pretty good regarding the effectiveness of the website. After reviewing the website, I noticed that there were some pages that were not smart-phone 'friendly', so I started to make modifications to make the smartphone presentation almost as good as that of the desktop. So, that's why I'm writing this to request some help. Let me describe my current challenge and please understand that I am not an HTML/CSS or Javascript coder - I know enough to use the Weebly Embed-code element, if practicable.  Let me describe what I am trying to do. There is a page in the website that contains 12 buttons - one for each monthly report. I would like to replace those buttons with one 'button', probably via a simple Form that would accept a month name. I would then 'dynamically' append the inputted month name to create the filename (including the folder location i.e. /folder location/monthname.pdf) and somehow then mimic what the current button(s) accomplish. The current 'static' buttons basically 'bring up' the PDF file(s) whose location is 'linked' with the button(s). In effect, a single input mechanism (a Form) would perform the function of the current 12 buttons, although dynamically. This would also improve the presentation on the smartphone display. So, I would need guidance on how to dynamically build the 'location' (/folder/monthname.pdf) of the report file and then 'present' the PDF file to the user.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0