x

Roboto font no longer working for Greek characters in production website

At some point Roboto SansSerif font text stopped rendering Greek characters correctly on my site and they were shown as Serif / Times New Roman (??)

I was told by customer care that an update had been launched (without any other info on the update) but I cannot receive any support since I had made changes in HTML/CSS. I should switch to a stock template so that any future updates would not produce any problems. Or seek professional coding support...

Those, by the way, were visual changes in HTML/CSS, i.e. I shortened the margins in the Navigation menu to make my page names fit in one row.

Keep in mind that Greek text was rendering CORRECTLY within the Editor but not in the production site.

Determined to have my way I started trying out other fonts.

So, after enough tries I found out that most SansSerif fonts would break like the Roboto one in the production site except extra standard ones like Arial. I did not look for other non-breaking fonts since my main goal was to make my site look better. So I ended up with Arial. My site doesn't look like crap but it also doesn't look like I intended.

Any ideas as to what may break one Weebly supplied font and not break another?

Also keep in mind that Roboto was appropriate for my site due to the fact that it incorporates a discreet set of Greek characters and rendered beautifully.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0