x

Site domain not connected after 72 hours

Hello, I hope I can get help here. I followed the instructions to connect my third party domain to a Weebly instance. It's been more than 72 hours since I did so, but instead of my site I get a Weebly 404 error. I know it's a Weebly 404 because it contains a link to Weebly's homepage. Because the 404 is from Weebly, I've triple checked that the IP addresses in the DNS are the same ones Weebly's domain connection utility provided me. In other words, I don't think it's a DNS issue. I think it's a server hangup. When I log into the admin interface and look at domains, it shows me a green bar saying that that the domain has been successfully connected, but warns that it may take more 24 hours to propagate. It's been more than 72 hours now. On that same page it shows a table with the domain name (nthd.uk) and the status ("not connected"). At the far right is the "Manage" button for the domain. When I click on the "Manage" button, it does not show the site as connected, despite what the green bar said. The manage interface allows me to go through the steps of connecting to an existing Weebly site, and selecting the site, but when I select my site and press save it just goes back to a previous screen showing no site selected or connected. When I publish the site, it tells me it has been published to www.nthd.uk, but when I click that link it gives me the Weebly 404 error again.

Any help gratefully accepted. I really need to get this website up.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting, @ 

Where did you register the domain name? Can you post a screenshot of the DNS settings? 

Public records show that you are missing an A-record for the bare/root domain: nthd.uk

Also, you have an A-record setup for the www subdomain, however, it is pointing to the wrong IP address. 

Can you please edit your domain settings so that both of your A-records are pointing to the site assigned IP: 199.34.228.66

Message 2 of 3

Thanks,it's worked,but with unsafe error(SSL). Please checking this.

www.nthd.uk

Message 3 of 3