x

Website Not Secure

Set up the website and it is saying that the site isn't secure.  The domain is Godaddy and the site is Weebly.  I have SSL enacted on the Weebly page.  On GoDaddy's end I have pointed FunctionalLiving.org at Weebly's site https://functionalliving.weebly.com/

Any idea what I need to do?

I checked the page for outside links that could be causing the problem and there aren't any.

Thank you,

Andy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @mcnama12,

This could be an issue related to forwarding a custom domain to a Weebly subdomain. Unfortunately, we are unable to troubleshoot the issue on our end if the website here is working with SSL. We recommend reaching out to your domain host directly to see how to resolve this.

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I had an online chat with someone at GoDaddy this morning about functionalliving.org and they told me that there is no way to use https when forwarding an address.  This doesn't seem to make sense to me.  Why would they.

Message 3 of 6

Hi @mcnama12 

Go Daddy is correct. It is not possible for you to setup forwarding with masking and have the SSL work properly on the Weebly site. You could just forward the domain, but that means that the site would show the Weebly subdomain URL.

The best option is to connect the domain properly to your Weebly site so that the custom domain loads the site securely. 

Message 4 of 6

How would I connect it correctly?  

Message 5 of 6

My apologies! Not sure how I missed including that information. 

To connect the domain you will need to upgrade your website to a paid hosting plan, then you will assign the domain as the site address. This is done within the Weebly editor (black background) by clicking the Settings link at the top of the screen. 

Lastly, you will need to edit the domain A-records through your Go Daddy account to point to your site-assigned IP address. (Note: you will see a popup with the correct IP to use when you assign the domain as the site address. 

Message 6 of 6