x
Admin

Welcome to the new Weebly Community!

Hello Weebly site owners! 👋

Welcome to the Square Seller Community, the new home of the Weebly Community! Things may look a little different, but you can expect to have the same great experience here in the Seller Community.

You'll need to create a Square account before you can participate in the community. To do this, use the link in your Weebly dashboard to create a Square login. Contact our support team for assistance if you don't see the link.

We invite you to explore the community - there's a lot to chat about and learn from each other, even if you don't own or run a business. 💬

Thanks for reading, and see you around the community!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
Square Community Moderator

Thank you, @AdamB ❤️

Message 2 of 61

Thanks to @AdamB and @BernadetteA      am loving Weebly    .   Still. 

11,500 monthly page views

Message 3 of 61
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Whitemonkey1! Glad to see you're still with us. 🙂

Adam
Message 4 of 61

Yup.   Needed @BernadetteA to tell me where the WEEBLY SECTION was  ;))

Message 5 of 61

Hi there, thank you for the update! I'm still having a few issues in regards to the movement. My personal chat threads are now missing so I don't believe I can continue previous private conversations from the Weebly community. Also, even after signing up to Square (which I'm told I completed successfully), I just received an email from Weebly (to my original Weebly email, not the one used to make my Square account) that I still must complete the sign up process 🤔

Message 6 of 61
Admin

Thank you for making the journey here, @Vaishali42! All of the content from the old community is currently archived but readable in the categories of the Weebly Archive. There are some threads I will be moving out of there that are popular, though, and I can also move an individual thread back out if necessary. In general, I'd recommend that people make a new thread and add a link to the old one, that way it isn't too hard to get the context. We were not able to import private messages, unfortunately. 

Regarding your account itself, I recommend contacting our support team for clarification. They can check and confirm what account or accounts you have if your account was correctly converted, and make sure you are logging into the right one.

Adam
Message 7 of 61
Super Seller

Wow. You are gonna be busy going through all those threads ! 

Message 8 of 61

@AdamB thank you! All noted and understood in regards to moveable and non-moveable content.

About the second point, I've already been told that all looks well on the back end with my Weebly/Square account's conversion, and every time I've attempted contacting the Weebly team, I haven't receive any replies from them unfortunately. That left me to correspond requests and concerns with my account through to the Weebly community instead. In terms of logging in, my process goes something like this: I log in through Weebly's URL, which takes me to a Square interface and I enter my new credentials through that particular window (as my older email/password combo doesn't seem to work). All sort of looks well otherwise, but the emails I'm getting to my old Weebly email address don't make sense...

Message 9 of 61
Admin

No worries - thank you for joining the community here to continue your conversation, too. 🙂

Are you getting emails asking you to create your login? It seems like there is an issue where some people who complete this keep getting emails. I've passed information about your account to the team managing that so they can check.

Adam
Message 10 of 61

Hi @AdamB and thank you for the warm welcome, I'm happy to continue conversations 😊

I'm getting cautionary emails delivered to my old Weebly email (which I'm told is no longer in the Weebly system as I used an alternative email to make my Square account) warning that I must complete login and conversion, which I've accomplished successfully as far as I can see 😕 

Thank you for passing the issue on, if it's not just me perhaps it's a case of current user emails becoming outdated to the newer email address used. In any case, let's hope for a solution *fingers crossed*

Message 11 of 61
Admin

The email address is the one you are still using for blog notifications, right? If so then your Weebly account was updated to reflect what your Square account uses (which makes sense). We are making some updates on our end to make sure that we don't keep emailing when a person has successfully created a login.

Adam
Message 12 of 61

I believe so if you mean I still use my original email address for certain Weebly blog functions, that's correct. 

Since the update deadline has passed, I haven't received any cautionary 'you must update your login' emails which looks like a promising sign but I'll keep an eye out for more.

Message 13 of 61
Beta Member

Dear @AdamB 
I looked for my comments from the Weebly Forums on the archive, but I can't find anything by searching for key sentences, it's not being indexed at all, not even by Google. So all my comments are gone 😞 
I've used permalinks to some comments on my site, now all the links are broken 😞
Permalinks should be permanent by definition, but now my site has so many broken links, and I can't find the new links for updating it. 
Could you please help by indexing the archived comments (so searching for them will have results), so we'll not lose the valuable info ?

Best regards,
Zigboom 

Message 14 of 61
Beta Member

P.S. I don't know why my name shows as RHGIFTS, it's me @Zigboom  🙂

Message 15 of 61
Beta Member

@AdamB 

I found my Weebly Forums profile here: 

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/494768
How can I connect with it ? (I wish not to open a new account and lose my posts and level) 

So, I found my posts and comments, but they're not indexed by Google - which creates a huge problem for me, since people found my comments in Google previously and I was able to help them solve issues. 

Could you please let Google index the Weebly Forum Archive, so all this precious knowledge won't disappear from the web ?

By the way, I understand why my profile shows as RHGIFTS, it's a Square site I was invited to edit, so it's linked with my email. I wish to link my email with the Zigboom account.

Message 16 of 61
Admin

Hi @RHgifts (aka @Zigboom). I think you're seeing this because you already had a pre-existing account with the Seller Community. I can't merge the profiles, but I could swap which one is tied to the Square account that you are currently using. This does mean you would no longer be using the RHgifts profile, though. I see you signed up for the Beta Community, so you'd need to do that again. I believe you will still get notifications if someone tags Zigboom,  so you could update your signature to mention that you are also the other account.

Regarding indexing, are you searching here within the community itself or directly at Google? We have one-to-one redirects set up for all imported content, so Google links should forward directly to the right thread here in the Seller Community. Over time, Google should update those to use the new URL so it doesn't use the forward. Let me know what you are seeing, though!

Adam
Message 17 of 61
Beta Member

Hi @AdamB 
Thanks for your reply !
I'd like to use the @zigboom account, I do not need the RHGIFTS account, could you please tie @Zigboom with my existing Square account ?

I tried searching Google and the community, for example this search phrase "Increasing site speed" should find this post: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Weebly-Site-Editor/Increasing-site-speed/m-p/515083

It doesn't come up on the community search.
Today I re-searched Google and it works, great!
It probably took some time for indexing. 

Best regards,
@zigboom 

Message 18 of 61
Admin

Thanks for the link - I moved the thread out of the archive and into the Weebly Website category. The link in Google should forward automatically over to it. This should also be the case with all threads that were brought over, so I expect over time search results will start using the new URLs.

I also sent you an email regarding your profile. Once you reply and confirm I can update the Zigboom profile so it will use your account ID rather than the RHGifts profile.

Adam
Message 19 of 61

Wow. You are gonna be busy going through all those threads

Message 20 of 61

Message 21 of 61