x
Admin

Welcome to the new Weebly Community!

Hello Weebly site owners! 👋

Welcome to the Square Seller Community, the new home of the Weebly Community! Things may look a little different, but you can expect to have the same great experience here in the Seller Community.

You'll need to create a Square account before you can participate in the community. To do this, use the link in your Weebly dashboard to create a Square login. Contact our support team for assistance if you don't see the link.

We invite you to explore the community - there's a lot to chat about and learn from each other, even if you don't own or run a business. 💬

Thanks for reading, and see you around the community!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
Beta Member

Hello, I'm thinking about switching from my Weebly webpage to Square. How would I go about doing that? I also have already paid a year in advance at weebly, does that transfer along with my webpage? 

Thank you in advance,

Shauna

Shauna~Jynger Moon Jewelry
Message 43 of 61
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Shauna369  👋 

Can you confirm your website URL so I can review the account? It will help us provide the best course of action for getting you started with Square Online. 

Thanks in advance! 😊

Message 44 of 61
Beta Member

Hello, Thanks for replying. Evidently I'm an idiot. 😅 I thought that Square had an additional web page builder in addition to Weebly. I have been having problems logging in to the Weebly Dashboard on my new laptop, but still could from my old one.  I finally went to Square Up and was able to log in from there. Then it all made sense. Weebly IS the web page builder for Square, correct? I'm sure I wasn't explaining myself very clearly to people I've been trying to get help from. But all is good now. Thank you so much. Have a great day.

Namaste, Shauna369

Message 45 of 61
Square Community Moderator

No worries, Shauna! It can be a bit confusing. 

We have two site editors; the original Weebly editor which has limited ecommerce tools, but more editing control, and the new Square Online editor which has robust ecommerce options, but limited design capabilities. 

If you are selling items online, the Square Online editor is by far the best option for you. I'm happy to confirm which one you are using, but it sounds like you already have the Square Online editor if you were able to access it by logging into Square. 😊

Please let us know if you have further questions. 

Message 46 of 61
Beta Member

Hello AdamB, Maybe you can help me. I'm not entirely new to Square Invoice & Cash App as I've been using them for well over a year. However my website is on Weebly. I recently bought a new laptop (Chrome) and I'm unable to log into Weebly. Upon looking for answers I stumbled into the Square community. Now I'm thinking about making the big switch to Squarespace. Is that possible even for someone who just paid for another year at Weebly & not lose my domain name in the process? How do I go about getting started?

Thank You for your time,

Shauna369

Message 47 of 61

Hello AdamB!

Welcome to the Square Seller Community, formerly known as the Weebly Community. We're glad to have you here as part of our vibrant community of site owners.

While things may look a little different, rest assured that you can still expect the same great experience you had in the Weebly Community. We're committed to providing a supportive and informative environment for all members.

To get started, you'll need to create a Square account. Simply follow the link provided in your Weebly dashboard to create your Square login. If you encounter any difficulties or have questions, our support team is ready to assist you.

We encourage you to explore the community and engage in discussions. There's plenty to chat about and learn from each other, whether you're a business owner or simply interested in the topics being discussed.

Thank you for joining us, and we look forward to seeing you actively participate in the Square Seller Community. If you have any questions or need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out. Enjoy your time here!

Best regards, Your Square Seller Community Team

Message 48 of 61

Thank you for inviting the Weebly community, I have a few queries regarding how I can migrate the WordPress tentpick.com website to Weebly. Im experiencing loading speed issues in WordPress trying to find out solution to move on Weebly

Message 49 of 61

Hello, thank you for the update! I'm sorry to hear that you're still facing some issues regarding the movement. There are a couple of concerns that you've mentioned:

Missing personal chat threads: It seems that your personal chat threads are no longer available, which means you may not be able to continue private conversations from the Weebly community. Unfortunately, without access to those threads, it may be difficult to retrieve or continue those conversations.

Square sign-up process: Despite completing the sign-up process for Square, you received an email from Weebly, sent to your original Weebly email address rather than the one used for your Square account. The email indicates that you still need to complete the sign-up process. This situation can be confusing and may require further investigation or assistance from Weebly's support team.

Message 50 of 61

I ordered this coat from America Jackets and i must say i am amazed with the high quality and fit. You guys can also try it.  HALLOWEEN OUTFITS 

Message 51 of 61

Wow, you will have a lot to go through with all those threads!

Regards:

apkfik

Message 52 of 61

Hi!  I am Janet McDonald.

The site I had at Weebly was www.freelanceparalegal.co

The problem that I had when the they merged with Square, is that I already had a Square account.  So when I tried to get to my freelanceparalegal.co site information, it would not let me log on using my old log in info from Weebly, and the system refused to accept my log in for my freelancparalegal.co site.

So being in a hurry, which I usually am, the system wanted me to create a new site.

So I created one, using one of my other domain names I already own.  prolegalsvcs.com

when I did that, I went to manipulate the webpage, only to find out, that I could not use the funds that I had paid for the freelanceparalegal site.

So, I paid more money for a site through Square.  The problem is, that to be able to do what I used to do to my site at Weebly costs even more than the subscription I paid at Square, and in turn, to be able to manipulate my site, the way I did at Weebly will cost me a small fortune.

In fact, I recently decided that I would have been better off, just creating another site at Yola, using my domain names.  I could transfer over to Yola, with both freelanceparalegal and prolegalsvcs using a silver or bronze account at Yola, and save a whole lot of money.

The whole experience has been a huge disappointment for me.  I was happy at Weebly and had had an account with them, since they had been a website builder at godaddy 100 years ago.

Now, I am facing losing freelanceparalegal site, because weebly is billing me for the site, and it has not been all that long since I paid square for my site, and I can't manipulate either site, and guess I won't pay for freelanceparalegal site, since I can't get to it or manipulate it.

Seriously, for the longest time, my site at Weebly never caused me any problem.  The only problem I remember, is when they changed all of their templates, and mine had been in use forever.  They told me that in order to have any functionality, I had to change my template.  I did.  I was never as happy as I had been with the other template, but still had full control over my site.

I never dreamed that with Square taking over the Weebly sites, that I would have so many problems and be so unhappy with my websites.  I have two here at Square now, and can't do anything to or with them.

Message 53 of 61
Beta Member

Hello, 

my website is https://www.lostinpa.com. I am having trouble with my navigation not showing up. Also, The past edits I did on the site show up instead of the new edits at times. If I hit refresh several times the new edits can show up. How can these issues be resolved? I am still solely on Weebly free. thank you in advance for your help. 

Message 54 of 61

Hi there, thank you for the update! I'm still having a few issues in regards to the movement. My personal chat threads are now missing so I don't believe I can continue previous private conversations from the Weebly community. 

Message 55 of 61

Excited to be a part of the new Square Seller Community! Looking forward to connecting, learning, and sharing with fellow members. 🛍👋

Message 56 of 61

Hi, can someone help me with site plan downgrading? I can't seem to find the option anywhere. Help would be appreciated, thank you!

Message 57 of 61

Wow. Going, through all those topics will keep you busy.

Message 58 of 61

We have two site editors; the original Weebly editor which has limited ecommerce tools, but more editing control, and the new Square Online editor which has robust ecommerce options, but limited design capabilities. 

If you are selling items online, the Square Online editor is by far the best option for you. I'm happy to confirm which one you are using, but it sounds like you already have the Square Online editor if you were able to access it by logging into Square. 

Message 59 of 61

Hi! 

Great to be here. 

I started my business in july, and therefore I also started a website through weebly. I upgraded to a professional account, because

I would like to have my own jokevandeneynde.be website instead of jokevandeneynde.weebly.com website, but I don't know how I can arrange this. Can someone explain me more about the advantages of having a professional website, and how I can change this name?

Nice greetings, Joke

Message 60 of 61

The Square Seller Community, including the former Weebly Community, is a platform for users to discuss Square products and services. To participate, follow these steps:

1. **Create Square Account:** Use the link in your Weebly dashboard to create a Square login. If you don't see the link, contact Square's support team for assistance.

2. **Login:** Log in to your Square account.

3. **Explore & Participate:** Once logged in, explore the community forums, ask questions, and engage with other Square sellers.

For specific assistance, utilize the support resources provided by Square.

Message 61 of 61