x

How do I connect my site so I can sell on Facebook and Instagram?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience in creating a Facebook catalog with their Weebly ecommerce site?

I would like to be able to post on Instragram with the shopping tag, but from what I've read I need to create a Facebook catalog first.

Message 1 of 51
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

With a Square Online store, it is possible to sync your online store with Facebook and Instagram to sell on both (Square acquired Weebly in 2018 so Weebly is now a Square product). To create a Square Online store, go to Squareup.com and create an account, then click on the "Online" link in your Square Dashboard and click the button to get started.

For more detailed instructions, see the connecting with Facebook and connecting with Instragram articles in the Square support site.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Square

It should just "work" once you connect your to your Facebook account, install the pixel, and complete any other steps. Have you contacted our support team about that error, @sroth18?

Message 52 of 51

I was told this today - "What you’re describing has been identified as a bug, and is being investigated by our engineering team. At the moment, we don’t have a timeframe for when we’ll have this fixed, but our engineers are working hard to address all bugs submitted, and will get them resolved as soon as possible."

Is this not the case?

Message 52 of 51
Square

Ahh - good! Well, not good that you are having trouble, but good that's been escalated to our engineers for investigation.

Message 52 of 51

can you confirm if this is actually a bug,  my square store cannot link to my Facbook shop and its extremely frustrating and impacting my business.  

If this doesnt get fixed soon I'll be forced to move my business elsewhere. 

Message 52 of 51
Square

Have you contacted our support team yet, @tchic? I recommend you do so that you can get updated when this is resolved.

Message 52 of 51

I am experiencing the same issue. I have only ever had a square account, however my default catalogue URL as shown in Instagram is ashleykingdesign.weebly.com rather that ashleykingdesign.square.site

Because of this it's not finding any of my products and isn't letting me tag (although I can SEE them in instagram, it says the domain doesn't have any of the items.)
Message 52 of 51
Square

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. The only thing I can suggest is to try disconnecting and reconnecting to Facebook. If that doesn't resolve the issue I suggest reaching out to our support team for additional assistance. I believe there is a bug that may be affecting certain accounts, and requires intervention from the engineers. This link should get you to the Square support page, but make sure to specify that the question pertains to your online store so that you are redirected to the ecom support channels. 

Message 52 of 51

hey!!

how do you mean MODIFY?? specifically how and what??

I have exported a CSV file from WEEBLY and when I upload to Facebook.. it says ALL products have an error.

is there a LIST of ALL the things FB is looking to see in the CSV file?

Dean

Message 52 of 51
Square

Hi, @headhunterstore.

Facebook has a support article that shows the required fields for a CSV product upload. That should cover what you may need to change with your CSV so it uploads.

Message 52 of 51