x

I'd prefer to hear "We're having a hard time solving your issue" instead of nothing at all...

I recognize that we may be small potatoes to Weebly, but just human decency and basic customer service etiquette say that you should reply to inquiries, period. 2 1/2 weeks and multiple emails with no reply? After your customer calls you and complains, you go another month without a reply to his email? Come on...nobody's that busy. That speaks to a failure in your process and planning. And that's all beside the fact that my initial issue (reported June 30th!) is still no closer to being solved, even after I did the legwork of calling FedEx's technical support team!

Paul F (Weebly)

Jun 30, 12:23 PDT

Hi Alek,

Just wanted to reach out to say it was great speaking with you today and I’m very sorry that Weebly didn't have an immediate solution to your issue with FedEx shipping to Canada. If there’s anything else we can help with, please reply directly to this email or give us a call back whenever you like and we would be more than happy to help.

Thanks so much for using Weebly!

Thank you!
Paul F
Customer Success Advocate

Alek Berry 
Jun 30

to Weebly

Just finished speaking with FedEx about this issue. The easiest thing may be for your tech guys to call their tech guys - phone # 877.339.2774, option 2, option 3 to bypass menu, and it's case # 43335346. The reason that no quotes for international shipping are coming back is because the request weebly is sending them is incomplete. It is lacking a few fields for commodities. See below:

This is some of the data sent over when one of my international customers attempts to make a purchase on our website, which generates a request from FedEx for international rates:

<Commodities>
        <Name>Documents</Name>
        <NumberOfPieces>1</NumberOfPieces>
        <Description>Various documents of no commercial value.</Description>
        <CountryOfManufacture>US</CountryOfManufacture>
        <Weight>
          <Units>LB</Units>
          <Value>60.0</Value>
        </Weight>
        <CustomsValue>
          <Currency>USD</Currency>
          <Amount>0.0</Amount>
        </CustomsValue>
      </Commodities>

And here is a sample of a complete request with the section in question highlighted:

So at this point, I am completely tapped out on my ability to assist...I'm not a tech guy by any stretch of the imagination and my head hurts now. I hope you guys can get this resolved so that our international customers can have some additional shipping options. That will help our business out a ton.

Thank you for your help.

Paul F (Weebly)

Jun 30, 15:24 PDT

Hi Alek,

I'm escalating your request to our senior support team for investigation, and they will be following up with you. We appreciate your patience as we look into the matter.

Thank you!
Paul F
Customer Success Advocate

Barbara (Weebly)

Jul 1, 14:07 PDT

Hi Alek,

Can you give me an example of a Canadian order that was not properly charged shipping so I can take a closer look?

Thank you!
Barbara
Advanced Technical Support

Alek Berry 
Jul 1

to Weebly

Hi Barbara. We haven't had any Canadian customers use FedEx yet because of the erroneous pricing. But when I was on the phone with FedEx they had me attempt an order and they saw the data come over (incomplete, per my initial reply).

Jul 11, 07:03 PDT

Hi there. We haven't heard anything back about this issue for about a week and a half. I assume you guys are still working the issue...can you give me an update?

Thanks for your help.

Alek

(After waiting another week with no reply, I called and expressed my frustration at having no communication after 2 1/2 weeks and 2 emails. They asked for more info...)

Jul 18, 07:46 PDT

The rep I just spoke with said you wanted a screenshot of the issue from the customer's perspective. See attached. The $150 quote is our back-up FedEx shipping rate...no FedEx international rates are being quoted.

Thanks.

ZYLtech Engineering, LLC (http://www.zyltech.com/)

Barbara (Weebly)

Jul 19, 10:17 PDT

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! Our engineers are still working on the issue so I'll let you know when I have an update.

Thank you!
Barbara

Alek Berry 
Jul 19

to Weebly

Thank you for the heads up. Do you happen to have an ETA? We have customers asking and it would be really nice to give them an idea when they might have any international option.

(Crickets...)

Alek Berry 
1:07 PM (13 minutes ago)

to Weebly

Nearly another month has gone by with no communication. This is really unacceptable. Despite the pain and costs of moving our website, store, and email marketing to another platform, we are now actively seeking a web developer to do just that.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

To be fair, Barbara just replied:

Barbara (Weebly)

Aug 14, 11:32 PDT

Hi Alek,

Unfortunately, there hasn't been any progress on that bug. I've asked for an update. In the meantime, USPS, UPS, and DHL do all work internationally.

Thank you!
Barbara

Message 2 of 3
Square

Sorry to hear you've had to wait so long, @Alek. I happened to see Barbara's request for an update, shortly before finding your post. Hopefully this should be resolved quickly before you - I know it can sometimes take a little while to hear back from us regarding a bug if we haven't gotten an update.

Message 3 of 3