x

Include Cash On Delivery Option As A Payment Method!

Cash on delivery (COD), sometimes called collect on delivery, is the sale of goods by e-mail order where payment is made on delivery rather than in advance. If the goods are not paid for, then they are returned to the retailer. COD allows the purchaser to pay at the time of delivery instead of having to pay upfront. Payment is made to the shipping company, and the shipping company then relays the payment back to the seller. Some of the advantages of COD are that the buyer does not need to own a credit card to purchase goods from an online store, thus preventing and minimizing the risk of fraud coming from Internet scams. This indeed increased the trust factor between the customers and the businesses. Another advantage for COD is the 'Quality Improvement'; where customers pay only when they receive the product and are satisfied with its quality. They have the right to refuse poor quality products. This has ensured that online stores need to sell high quality products to the customers resulting in better quality and customer satisfaction. In short, Cash on Delivery has changed the dynamics of the eCommerce industry and helped online stores in penetrating deeper into the market. It revolutionized eCommerce drastically and increased sales for the businesses by many folds. Today, both the customers and the businesses have been benefited immensely from sticking to this concept model. 

P.S: I want to offer my clients the choice to pay with COD because PayPal is not supported in our country, and second of all, even it was supported, I don't want to integrate with it because people are not used to shop comfortably using their credit cards, and thus still prefer the COD way as a method of payment as it brings them confidence, peace of mind, and loyalty.

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

What a terrible response... instead of creating a simple solution... How difficult can it be?

Message 44 of 55
Beta Member

About 50% of my transactions are pay on pickup. I would love to see this option. The lack of this capability/feature is the reason I refuse to pay to upgrade my account to a subscription with additional features. I am most likely choose a different e-commerce site until this capability is available.

Message 46 of 55
Square

Thanks for the feedback, @QoHHoney

Message 46 of 55

YES, I NEED THIS TOO!
Message 55 of 55

It's unfortunate that Weebly still can't offer this feature. I just signed up trying to get our Seattle brick & mortar up and running to survive during these crazy Covid-19 times, and in addition to other issues now I learn that you can't do COD with Weebly AND IT'S BEEN REQUESTED FOR 4 YEARS.

I'll continue using Weebly only as an absolute necessity until I can find an alternative.

Message 55 of 55

can we have back money and discharge weebly for this? this is absolutely necessary to me also
Message 55 of 55
Square

Since you just signed up we can do that, @desideriamundi. If you'd like to cancel and get a refund let us know.

Message 55 of 55

Adam since when does a provider offer a refund rather than a solution to this long standing request for Cash on Delivery option. I can understand that the hosting provider may loose out on the commissions from purchases. If this is the case why not offer a reasonable Cash on Delivery option to the hosting service with an additional cost to yourselves? I would appreciate an answer to this.

Message 55 of 55
Square

Moderators do not make these types of changes to the service. We always relay the feedback to the product managers, though. 

Message 55 of 55

Hi 

Can someone advise if the Cash On Delivery option is going to become a feature in the near future... I need to know so that I can finalise my decision on moving platforms and migrating to another provider, This 'basic' and necessary option is part of most other ecommerce platforms. Its a shame as I'm generally happy with Weebly, but cant do without this option. 

Message 55 of 55
Square

I haven't heard about any changes with this right now, @aerostar121. If we hear something about this we can update here, though.

Message 55 of 55

Are you even serious? After 4 freaking years since people are requesting this feature, no change? I did not need it till now but I'm moving after only 1 month of lost clients. Aerostar, I don't know why you're still here, after 4 years I will forget Weebly existed. Screw you Weebly managers for not giving a **bleep** about your costumers and I hope you lose millions for being arseholes.
Message 55 of 55

I need to add COD in my site ask4services.xyz

Message 56 of 55