x

Newly added products need to be top of the list

The issue:

If my local supermarket has a new product, they diplay it front and centre so that everyone can see it. When I add a new product to my Weebly store it goes to the very end of the category (as far away as it is possible to be from visitors' eyes). I'm not sure on which planet this makes any sense at all. 

I'm adding new items all the time (I have over 1,300 individual items) and moving them by hand is incredibly time consuming. Surely it just needs a 'reverse the order' button, or a 'show most recent items first' option.

Seriously, how hard is it to introduce this?

I'm asking for a progress update. From what I can see, this issue was proposed at least two years ago - how long will we have to wait?

Thanks

Andrew

www.saturdaygalleryart.com

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Square

Hi @Andrew1. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, this is a pretty highly sought after feature and has been requested quite a few times. I don't have an exact timeframe, but I can tell you that it is something that is being worked on. I know that doesn't give you much info, and I'm sorry I don't have more details to provide, but I'll make sure to provide this feedback to the team!

Message 2 of 20

Any updates about this yet, Bernadette?

Message 4 of 20

Hi Bernadette

This is the feature I was asking about on my other thread. Any news on this?

Best

Andrew

Message 8 of 20
Square

Hi @Andrew1 - we don't have any new information on this at this time. Have you ever considered switching to Square and making a Square Online store? That uses the other website editor we built and with that you can set a default sorting for products on the published website to newest first.

Message 8 of 20

Hi Adam

Thanks for this. I'm unsure how the transfer to Square would work. Would I have to start all over again? I've got around 2500 individual items in my store, numerous article and biography pages that I've built up over the last 4 years. In short, I've got a lot of work invested in my Weebly site. Also, I paid my subscription for another two years with Weebly at the end of February.

Best wishes

Andrew

Message 8 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hey, @Andrew1- Jumping in for Adam here. I can understand your concern about having to create a new website. At this time, we are unable to transfer sites from Weebly to our Square Online platform, you would need to start all over again. As mention by Adam, this is just a suggestion, however, we understand if this is not a good fit for you. 

Have a great day!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 20

Exactly!  Needs to be easy for repeat customers to find.

Message 8 of 20

Totally agree. Its been in the to do list for some time. Has come up in topics a number of times.. Hopefully we see a fix to this soon.

Message 9 of 20

Please make this happen Weebly!

We have well over 2700 products and are adding more - having a "what's new" section is very painful atm- having to manually drag every new item up to the top of the list is excruciating each time.

Message 10 of 20

It seems quite on the weebly front lately.. 

Message 11 of 20
Square

No, I don't see any recent comments, but I will update the request again. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I can totally see how time consuming this could be for you and others. Smiley Sad
Message 20 of 20

This is driving me nuts!! I see people talking about this in 2016.. New products should show on top not way at the end of the list and then I can only move them up one at a time...PLEASE...make this happen for us! thanks

Message 20 of 20
Square

Just want to make sure we are all on the same page, @sophiemarcoux Are you referring to the store backend product or category section? 

Message 20 of 20

Speaking for myself, I would like the newly added products in each category to be at the top. 

Message 20 of 20

this been fixed? new product should display first on the retail end...can we update this please before i switch to shopify for such an easy fix

Message 20 of 20
Square

This is not an option on the older editor, unfortunately. You can sign up for a new account and rebuild the site to have an easy way to organize the product. I haven't heard of any immediate updates to make changes to the old editor process. 

Message 20 of 20

So I need to pay for a new account and to start from scratch to have the new items listed on the top in the category? Please respond, as if that is the case after 8 years with Weebly I'll move to some other place
Message 20 of 20
Square

If you want to use the newer website editor, yes, although we are working on something on our end to make this an easier process for you. If I recall correctly, can drag the order of items for the Category when editing it. It's an extra step when you add new items, but it should let you get them at the top in the meantime.

Message 20 of 20

Exactly!  We are still waiting for this upgrade.  PLEASE, Weebly!  Make it happen!

Message 21 of 20