x

Shipping label format issues (shippo)

The lack of ability to choose what format my shipping labels are printed in is kinda making me nuts. Am I missing something? In a perfect world, I could choose the format to actually fit the 2-up 4x6 labels I purchased. The default is a 2-up pdf, but it doesn't fit right. I contacted shippo, and they suggested I change my settings there to save labels as a PNG file and manually manipulate it into a file and print it that way. Seems like a huge hassle, but ok, I'll give it a shot. So I changed my default settings on the shippo site. Next order comes in, and I print my label through weebly... still in pdf format and won't fit my labels. Maybe I didn't change my settings properly on shippo? Nope. They're changed. Maybe there's a way to change that setting in weebly? If there is, I can't find it. Can anyone help? 

Bottom line: For $35 a month, I need this process to be easy. It would be a huge PIA to move my entire website to another provider to make this possible. I really like weebly. I don't want to leave if it can be helped.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Hi @Ozwalt You can change your label format by clicking on Store>Setup>Shipping. Scroll o the very bottom and click on the Advanced Settings. Then scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen to change the label format. I apologize it is so hidden! We have brought this up to the team in the past and I'm going to create another reminder. Smiley Happy 

Message 12 of 11

Thanks Bernadette,

I found that, but there are only two options. The 8-1/2x11 sheet with two labels (and that one doesn't print properly on the labels I purchased), and the 4x6 labels for thermal printers. What I'm looking for is the ability to set the margins on the 8-1/2x11 option, so the labels will print correctly or me. Any way to do that?

Thanks.

Message 12 of 11
Square

What carrier are you using, @Ozwalt? Do you have a screenshot you can post that will show what the formatting should look like? 

Message 12 of 11

Message 12 of 11

Those are exactly 4x6 labels in the exact spot on the page where I need them to be. Thanks.

Message 12 of 11
Square

I'm going to have to play around with my account to see if there is any way to adjust those settings. I assume there should be a way to do it within the print preview... hmm.. Are these 4x6 labels printed on some kind of special paper and do each of the labels go on one box? Sorry for all the questions but I'm super curious about this and want to make sure we get you the right info! 

Message 12 of 11

Yes, they're precut 4x6 labels. Top & bottom margins are 1-3/8" and side margins are 1-1/4", if memory serves. Thanks for the help.

Message 12 of 11
Square

If you click on "more settings" from the print preview do any of those options work? I can't seem to make it print two labels on one page... Can you walk me through your steps? I'm very familiar with our shipping feature, but this one is a bit challenging. Is your screenshot from Shippo or Weebly's end? 

Message 12 of 11

No. Once the pdf is created, the format is fixed other than choosing the size of paper. What I was hoping for was a way to change the format before the pdf is created. But thanks for trying. 

Message 12 of 11
Square

I'm sorry, @Ozwalt. Shipping is usually my wheelhouse! I'll keep looking into it and will see if I can verify with Shippo as well. Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

Message 12 of 11