x

Currently unable to accept payment as site is unsecure

My domain from namecheap has connected to the site but it is currently saying site is not secure and this store is not accepting payments. Pls advice on getting the SSL sorted.
Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @fabulousb, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! Can you let me know when you connect the domain to the site? This is because it can take up to 48 hours for data to propagate and for the site to become secured.

If it has been more than 48 hours since you connected the domain, there are a few things we can check here:

• Make sure that the A records are pointed to the correct IP address (199.34.228.164)
  • If the A records are setup correctly, you can try to unpublish and re-publish the site from Website > General Settings

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 13.44.13.png

I hope this will help! If not, please share your domain here and I can have a further look on my end.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @fabulousb, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! Can you let me know when you connect the domain to the site? This is because it can take up to 48 hours for data to propagate and for the site to become secured.

If it has been more than 48 hours since you connected the domain, there are a few things we can check here:

• Make sure that the A records are pointed to the correct IP address (199.34.228.164)
  • If the A records are setup correctly, you can try to unpublish and re-publish the site from Website > General Settings

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 13.44.13.png

I hope this will help! If not, please share your domain here and I can have a further look on my end.

Tra
Message 2 of 7

Hi Thank you for responding. I have done all the above. my domain is www.globalmoonlighters.com

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Thanks for sending that on @fabulousb! I checked the domain and it looks like one of the A records is not pointed to the right IP address (199.34.228.164). In this case, you'd need to update the A record IP address from 192.64.119.37 to 199.34.228.164.

If needed, you should be able to reach out to Namecheap directly for assistance with updating the DNS record. 

Tra
Message 4 of 7

Thank you for your prompt response. I've contacted namecheap and they have made the correction. Pls check and update the ssl. Thanks.

Message 5 of 7

Please can you check to see if you can update the SSL. Thanks

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

This happens automatically when everything is all correct. 

Just checked your link & get the full HTTPS & seems to be no issues getting to checkout now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Pizza Is Chill

Message 7 of 7