x

Hi Everybody

I just wanted to introduce ourselves. We are Toby and Rosie. A husband and wife team from Sydney Australia that own a little brand called Toby and Rosie - Natural Skincare & Soaps. 

We've been in business for about 6 years now because we are so passionate about helping people with their skin and hair and ultimately health by creating handcrafted skincare products that health and enhance using the power of nature. 

We've been using square at our market stall for about 4 years now and love it. Its one of the best investments we've ever made in our business and we couldn't be happier. 

We suck at marketing and social media so we'd love to share experience and tips with anyone that has had some success online and/or with business in general. 

We look forward to connecting with you all!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hello @tobyandrosie ! Welcome to the Community, we are so excited to have you join us here.

I'm Aaron, I'm the lead for the Seller Community and am based out of San Francisco. My friend & colleague @Seamus runs all things to do with the Australian Community, but I thought I would stop in to say hi on this thread too!

Thanks for sharing your shop! I really loved the beautiful "man bar",  excited to see how you and your business can grow with Square!

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 9.17.47 AM.png

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 2 of 9

Thanks Aaron! 

We're just in the process of leveraging the online space to help grow our business. It will be nice to connect with like minded people about their experiences, trails and tribulations. 

While im here. How do people get a bit of a spotlight or image on the homepage or a write up about their business to add some exposure to our brand. Is it just random or is their a process we can undertake? Happy to take anything we can get.

Cheers Aaron : )

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Hey @tobyandrosie,

Realistically it can be difficult to feature on the home page - our marketing team get a lot of inquiries of this nature and there are a very limited number of spots to feature. Though please feel free to reach out to them via press-au@squareup.com to ask the question!

Looking at this from another angle though - I've actually been planning on starting a new series of posts featuring Australian sellers right here on our Seller Community! 

While I've not finalised anything yet, I'm keen to get this started as soon as I can - if you're interested, send me a private message with your website and email address and let's see what we can do here 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9
Admin

Hey again @tobyandrosie,

Great to have you on board!

Generally speaking I'd recommend promoting your website at any opportunity via platforms like Facebook and Instagram - you could do things like post images of yourselves and your products at the markets, while also linking to where the same products can be bought online for your followers who can't make it to the markets!

We're got a few resources and a bit of reading material on our Town Square blog relating to social media marketing that you might find helpful!

After that you might also want to look into SEO (Search Engine Optimization)! 

Hopefully that keeps you busy for a while 🙂

Do feel free to reach out again if you have any follow up questions! Happy to help!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 9

I appreciate the warm welcome. Thank you. Looking forward to growing our business and communicating with others about questions we have or things we've learnt. 

Cheers

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

I just wanted to introduce ourselves. I am Ayalew Shebeshi, from Redcliffe, Australia that own two little  stalls called Traidationa Ethiopian Coffee and Germen Susages. . 

I've been in business for about  4 years in Little Africa Coffee House and 6 months Tridational Germen Susages.

I am  passionate about helping people with their Maintaining body odor, tobacco and over weight  health issue using coffee as a

natural solution.

I have been using square at my market stall for 6 months and love it. Its one of the best investments I've ever

made in my business and I couldn't be happier without this. 

I like to expand my business here in Australia and in Africa. Any suggestions and help from a wider community would be appreciated.

I look forward to connecting with you all!

Ayalew

ayalews@mail.com

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

I just wanted to introduce ourselves. I am Ayalew Shebeshi, from Redcliffe, Australia that own two little  stalls called Traidationa Ethiopian Coffee and Germen Susages. . 

I've been in business for about  4 years in Little Africa Coffee House and 6 months Tridational Germen Susages.

I am  passionate about helping people with their Maintaining body odor, tobacco and over weight  health issue using coffee as a

natural solution.

I have been using square at my market stall for 6 months and love it. Its one of the best investments I've ever

made in my business and I couldn't be happier without this. 

I like to expand my business here in Australia and in Africa. Any suggestions and help from a wider community would be appreciated.

I look forward to connecting with you all!

Ayalew

ayalews@mail.com

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @COFFEE_SUASAGE,

Thanks for writing in, and welcome to our community! We appreciate you sharing your introduction - please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions at all 😊 

Message 9 of 9