x

Inventory for Mobile Product

HI,

I'm a square newbie and stumbling alone. 

I'm selling the same product at 3 different Farmers Markets with different sales taxes but I carry the same inventory around with me. 

I've created 3 locations in order to manage the sales tax, but I'd like the inventory to come from the same stock.  Does that make sense?

Does anyone know that best way to set that up? 

Should I go back to using only one location and change the sales tax each time?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!

Susan

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I am pretty sure it is not possible sync inventories between different Square Locations (natively through Square). There are a couple 3rd party apps you can use that will do what you're asking (Sync Penguin, Trunk). I haven't tried either.

If I were you, I would create 1 main location and setup 3 different taxes, then download the item catalog before each market from a browser (Login to your Square Dashboard > Items > Actions > Export Library)... Open the file, and toggle the Y or N value in the corresponding tax columns (which will be some of the last columns in the spreadsheet), save the file, and then import that file to Square (Login to your Square Dashboard > Items > Actions > Import Library > Attach File > Next, and follow the prompts).

But really, if you have a small item catalog, it might be faster to just change the tax for each item from your Square app, or point of sale, before each market.

Message 2 of 2