x

Issue after issue with square online...

Hello

Did or does anyone else find issue after issue when setting up their online shop?

I decided to use Square Online over other online selling platforms because it synced to the POS system and because it claimed to be user and beginner friendly. 

However, setting my shop up I have encountered headaches, bugs and glitches that have made me really consider going elsewhere.

All I have tried to do is set up a site, add 10 or so items, and launch. In that time Iโ€™ve experienced a bug when creating items- some photos would save, others wouldnโ€™t, when copying an item and changing the title and photos some changes would be saved and others wouldnโ€™t and Iโ€™d have to do every item twice just to get it saved the way I input it, my main banner photo is clear when editing but shows up blurry when visiting my published site, fixed shipping rules are calculated inconsistently at checkout, testing the checkout process and when I get to the checkout screen it freezes and the button shows its loading indefinitely.... these are just the few that have happened in the passed couple days. 

I expected this process to be simple as it was claimed to be, but seriously with glitch after glitch... hoping to hear of others experiences or if someone with Square can figure out what is wrong with the system. 

Even when I tried to use the support assistant it was glitchy!! Ugh. The conversation would skip up and down on the screen and it would send the same answer multiple times in a row. 

ive tried using chrome, safari and Microsoft edge- they all glitched in their own way. 

help...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @chezella

Sorry to hear you have run into a few issues while trying to setup the account. I think it would be a good idea to speak with someone from the support team so a rep can help you troubleshoot one on one. It sounds like you may be experiencing something different than the temporary sync issue from last weekend. 

Can you try typing "speak with a rep" into the automated chat box on the support page? That should get you out of the automated answer loop, and link you to the teams instead of a support article. 

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Hi!

I had a few issues a year or so ago, the support team walked me through over the phone and we worked out what I needed to do to fix what I thought was a glitch, however it was the way I was doing it.

The picture thing is an issue with me too as the system crops my pictures... I believe I have to get their "photoshop" to make it seemless.

I have had all great experiences with support and love my website!

Message 3 of 3