x

Trouble linking debit card to Square instant transfer

Anyone having trouble linking to a Bank of America debit card? I've had Square several years and linked various debit cards but now that I am trying to link to a Bank of America debit card, it will not verify. It keeps saying that the card does not support square. I am wondering if this is because BOA tries to get all their biz customers to use Clover? To confirm, the account itself was able to recieve regular deposits from Square, just not instant with a debit card. The card number has been input multiple times in different ways, once with my name, once with business name. Ugh. SO very frustrated. 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 33
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Trouble linking debit card to Square instant transfer

Hello! A quick update for this thread: all Bank of America debit cards are now suppported with Instant Transfer. This includes  includes BOA Small Business Banking Cards. 💳 🎉

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! A quick update for this thread: all Bank of America debit cards are now suppported with Instant Transfer. This includes  includes BOA Small Business Banking Cards. 💳 🎉

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Admin

Hey @MPTTRUCKINGLLC-

Thanks for your reply in this thread. 

Just to confirm, Bank of America Business Debit Cards (debit cards issued for Business Checking Accounts) are not supported at this time for Instant Deposit through Square. Sorry about that. We're working with Bank of America to hopefully make this available in the future. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 22 of 33

I had the same problem, I called square then boa and the manager discovered my debit card they attempted to instant deposit to was my old debit card. I entered the new one and it worked. 

Message 23 of 33

I'm switching to a new bank which has several branches in my state, but I just found out it won't approve my business visa card for scheduled deposits but it took my personal. ?? How is that possible ?

Message 24 of 33
Admin

Sorry to hear about the trouble @LaDzertCafe! Not all types of debit cards support instant and scheduled deposits at this time. We're working to support more cards, but for now this is a list of cards that other sellers have success linking

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 25 of 33

I'm  having the same problem cant link my new debit card with square

Message 26 of 33
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: "Instant Deposit not working”

@Bobby2 I've moved your post here so you can see RHatch's Best Answer above. I recommend checking out the list of banks other sellers have had success with and if you have any questions about your debit card please call our Support team

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 27 of 33

So I have two cards a global cash debit card and and american express bluebird debit card, Both of which follows the guidelines of being able to withdraw money, deposit money, etc both of which have rounting numbers and account numbers for direct deposit. But everytime I go to link the bank account and I've tried to do both, it won't let me, why is that. If it can do all the things that square requires of a bank/card then why isn't it letting me link my card/bank account. Global Cash Debit Card is by metabank and The bluebird Card is with American Express Can anyone tell me how to fix this, otherwise I just wasted money buying the thing, I thought it looked cool and would easier than having people pay by cash, I'd like to really use just how lol? 

Message 28 of 33
Alumni

Hi @HHTeaR - I moved your post here. Take a look at RHatch (marked as best answer) and Helen's (above) answers for some help.

Message 29 of 33

I have been instantly depositing for over 3 weeks now with no problems from square to chime until today. I called in squeez and they are telling me that the debit card is declining the transaction. When I contact chime they are telling me that they billing address didn't much that's why it declined, but I haven't changed any addresses, as you don't have to enter an address everytime you use instant deposit. At this point I'm not sure what to do, had anyone experienced this issue ?

Thanks!

Chris

Message 30 of 33
Admin

Thanks for contacting your bank @Cspoto81, I'm sorry for the trouble this caused during the week! Have you tried to use Instant Deposit again since Wednesday? If you're still unable to use Instant Deposit I'd suggest going through these instant deposit unvailable troubleshooting steps.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 31 of 33

Hello, My name is Suzi and I am not REAL new, however, I had to get a new updated CC and I have been trying to validate/activate an I have checked both possible emails as well as my SPAM mail I see nothing and I am trying to stay patient😜.. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Message 32 of 33
Admin

Hi @SuziQ! Welcome! 😄

Check out this thread where other sellers share some reasons as to why they had trouble linking their cards and see if that relates to your situation. If their answers aren't helpful, go ahead and reach out to our Support team so they can drill into it a bit more with you.

Good luck!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 33 of 33