x
Admin

[Read me!] Welcome + Introduce Yourself

Hello and welcome to the Seller Community! My name is Tra and I’m a Community Manager here at Square. If you’re reading this you’re one of the very first people to visit the shiny new Seller Community for Square sellers in the UK. We’re very happy to have you here!

We built the Seller Community with you in mind. Sign in to ask questions, share tips and best practices and learn about Square’s latest features and products — and share your feedback! 

Let us know if you notice anything that doesn’t look right, let us know what content you’d like to see or you think would help other sellers. To get my attention click reply and tag me (type @ and then my username tranguyen)! 

Now let’s take a tour of the Seller Community:

Let’s take a tour! 

Learn about the Seller Community

Read our Orientation and Etiquette Guidelines and then learn How to Join the Seller Community (hint click Sign In in the top right!); review How to Start a New Thread and more. This section is easily accessed from the homepage.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 15.37.39.png

Popular Topics

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 15.57.31.png

The Popular Topics section on the homepage is your portal to other areas of the Community. Click on a tile to view another board! Here are a few we think you'll find helpful

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 16.01.01.png

Ask a question in Questions & How-To or New to Square boards. For example, start a new thread on this board if you have a question about Square’s fees or your setting up your item library for the first time.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 15.47.44.png

Sign in and Subscribe to the Square Product Updates blog. When you do you’ll be notified each time we publish a new blog entry. example

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 15.47.54.png

Submit a feature request!

Share your feedback about Square’s features and let us know how we can improve the tools you need to run your business

Recent Discussions - When there’s a new reply on a post it will appear under Recent Discussions. Click on a title to read the full post and click Reply to answer a question or share your feedback! 

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 16.04.56.png

Unanswered questions - share your knowledge and check out the Unanswered Questions to help someone else.

unnamed.png

As I mentioned we’d love to hear your feedback about the new Seller Community. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you for joining us!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 35
Report Inappropriate Content
34 REPLIES 34
Beta Member

Hi Tra, thanks for the invite! I run a mobile zero-waste shop in Derbyshire and have been a beta user of the Retail app which has some great features. I'm sure I'll have more unique use cases for you going forward and look forward to participating in the community.

Message 2 of 35
Admin

I'm so excited to have you be part of the Seller Community @the-refill-lady 😊! We'd love to hear your feedback about the new community, so please let me know if something doesn't look right or if you have any question at all.

Tra
Message 3 of 35

Hello Folks

My name is Mark and my business is Ammonite Studio and I make bentwood rings. I launched my website built with Square around a week ago, you can visit here www.ammonitestudio.co.uk

I have a question, If I create a custom product listing for one customer that I want to keep hidden from the website, how do I get the link so that I can send it to the customer?

Many thanks

Mark

Message 4 of 35
Admin

Hi @Mark70, welcome to the UK Seller Community - the shop looks amazing!

Onto your question, you can use the password protection feature to hide products so that only people with the right password can see the item.

You can follow the steps outlined here

Let me know if that will help!

Tra
Message 5 of 35

That’s great, thanks for the advice.

Ive followed the steps and it works a treat.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 35
Beta Member

Hi

I normally work full time, and have a part time photography business.

Currently working from home due to the lockdown, and we have been out everyday for our local exercise, and I have been posting my photos on Facebook

I decided to launch a few greeting cards so that people can send "Thank-Yous" using my Lockdown photos - and have used the Square Online shop to launch this - So far going well, I've already had to order more stock, and have added to the range!

My Photography Website - http://www.kempdigital.co.uk

My Square shop - https://kempdigital.square.site

Cheers

Jools

Message 7 of 35

Fantastic photos Jools.

Message 8 of 35
Beta Member

Hi Tra and everyone already here, just joined the Square Community and have been a happy Square member since 2010. Hoping I'll be able to contribute with helpful and useful content, giving more than I take.

Denise

Message 9 of 35

HI My name is Nick Smith and I run a Design and Print business called Venture Design and Print. My business is far more than design and print though, I produce professional HTML, Wordpress and Zen Cart Ecommerce Websites, Engravings, Graphic Design and supply Web Hosting Services. My idea is to create a one-stop marketing business with all your marketing requirements, online and offline, in one place.

Other services include, content writing, SEO, social media design, corporate animation, photography and I hand paint and draw for people wanting hand created artwork.

My website is https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

I also have another website for engravings at https://ventureengravings.uk - that website deals with engravings for memorials, birthdays, house signs, business signs etc.

Looking forward to sharing some thoughts and ideas along with taking on board other people's thoughts and ideas with regards to creating sales etc

Venture Design and Print
Message 10 of 35

Hi Tra,

Thank you for setting this up.

We design escape challenge kits to turn the house into an escape room for kids with lots of different themed games available.

Https://escapechallengekits.square.site 

A square website has made it so much easier to expand my business.

Message 11 of 35

Hey, thanks for the invite @tranguyen 👋

I'm Darren Beale, a web developer, founder of Siftware but recently opened a coffee shop and wholefood store in Wales called Cwm By. Talk about a learning curve! After 20+ years of building stuff online for other people I now get to work on my own eCommerce store, it has been an eye-opening experience to say the least.

Tech: I've used WooCommerce for the website and Square for POS and credit card processing. The Square/Woo ecosystem is pretty good but right now I'm looking to pull both on and offline trading data into one place, for reporting and CRM. Jetpack CRM looks promising but the square sync module is not built yet!

Maybe you could all vote for it?

I'm @Bealers on most social platforms, feel free to hook up with me there too.

Cheers 😊

bealers.com
Message 12 of 35
Admin

Welcome to the UK Seller Community @ProPhotographer, @VentureDP, @Escapechallenge and @Bealers, it's always great to see new faces 👋

Tra
Message 13 of 35
Beta Member

Hi Tra, and everyone 

I’m Ollie, I’m an illustrator and have an online store selling illustrated prints, greetings cards and other merchandise. You can see my store at www.ollieillo.com

look forward to being part of the community.

all the best 

Message 14 of 35

Thanks for the invite! I run southbristol.com. I moved to Square (& Weebly) almost exactly a year ago, having spent 5 years with my site on Big Cartel using Stripe, so I was pleased when Square introduced a competitive ecommerce solution in the UK.

I'm really happy I did, so far the store building software is way better, and the payments seem to be reliable and prompt. I'm actually also a shareholder in Square, I'd invested way back in March 2016 so I am excited by the progress I've seen since then.

If I could change a few things:

- a single view of unfulfilled orders (app or web) with all items ordered and ship-to addresses on one page, so I can work through picking and fulfilment of multiple orders from one sheet without having to click back and forth into different orders

- customer refunds seem to be particularly slow compared to Stripe

- the UX of the app and web portal (both Square and Weebly) is definitely less polished and more confusing than Stripe - however there are more functions and options so it's a trade off, I would be happy to see it tidied up and presented more coherently in future!

But on the whole I appreciate the platform and I'm pleased to be a customer.

Thanks!

Rob

Message 15 of 35

@RobF love your stuff!

I spent the first 25 years of my life south of the cut. My Dad still lives off St Johns Lane.

Small world 🙂

bealers.com
Message 16 of 35

Hi, Thanks for the invite. 

I'm Wendy and I am a Jewellery designer/maker and teacher.   I'm developing my business now from what was a hobby business and now working towards being able to work full time on Jewellery and pretty shiny things! 

In January 2021 I'll be launching my new Studio and private teaching which will give me the space to expand my business.  

I'm not so great at the techy stuff regarding the website and how to do things so it's great that there is a forum to ask questions!  

Message 17 of 35

Hi Everyone, 

Thank you Tra for the invite to join the Community Sellers. Myself and my other half run an entertainment business for private and corporate events. We are new to Square literally only downloaded the app some weeks, maybe just over a months ago, and this year we thought to implement a feature where clients will be able to pay online or via the telephone - hence we found Square. We found Square very simple to use and it's packed with many features, although we're not using many at present, I am sure as we grow so we will find that we probably need other tools too. 

Message 18 of 35

Whispers of Wood was established in 2016 with a range of handmade chopping and serving boards for kitchen and entertaining use.
Some customers shared that they were concerned that their steel knives would damage their beautifully made board. So, designer and craftsman John created a range of wooden bladed knives to solve their dilemma!

​Whispers of Wood wooden bladed knives are great for all sorts of food - cheese, charcuterie, bread, soft fruit and vegetables.
Whilst doing little or no damage to your special kitchen/serving boards, they are also light, strong, stylish, handmade and safe to use.
The ever evolving range of wooden bladed knives, designed to be functional pieces of art, are purchased not only for their practicality but for their innovation and intrigue. They are commonly purchased as special occasion gifts for cheese lovers  and lovers of fine things.

Hi everyone, Whispers of Wood is me - John. I am involved in all aspects of the business from making to selling.
I design and hand make products which I think will be useful and functional but as the same time look appealing. Why not make the mundane into the wonderful!
My products are sometimes experimental and often come from feedback and ideas from friends.
I love talking to people about my products and their ideas of how to use them. My greatest joy comes from hearing about how people love to use the things I have made. I passionately believe that my products are the best cheese knives available and the wooden boards I make are as individual as their maker! 
I have lived and worked in three countries and love the diversity of culture which we have in the world today. I believe that using sustainable products in our everyday lives can be both enjoyable and befitting of our hopes to protect the wonderful world in which we live. 
​Hope to see you soon. www.whispersofwood.com
​John.

Mr John Jacobs
Message 19 of 35

Hi all new this to this community in the uk

Message 20 of 35
Admin

Hi @Angiemonroe, welcome to the UK Seller Community! I'd recommend checking out this post here to get yourself familiar with the Community. If you have any question at all, do let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Tra
Message 21 of 35