x
Admin

[Read me!] Welcome + Introduce Yourself

Hello and welcome to the Seller Community! My name is Tra and I’m a Community Manager here at Square. If you’re reading this you’re one of the very first people to visit the shiny new Seller Community for Square sellers in the UK. We’re very happy to have you here!

We built the Seller Community with you in mind. Sign in to ask questions, share tips and best practices and learn about Square’s latest features and products — and share your feedback! 

Let us know if you notice anything that doesn’t look right, let us know what content you’d like to see or you think would help other sellers. To get my attention click reply and tag me (type @ and then my username tranguyen)! 

Now let’s take a tour of the Seller Community:

Let’s take a tour! 

Learn about the Seller Community

Read our Orientation and Etiquette Guidelines and then learn How to Join the Seller Community (hint click Sign In in the top right!); review How to Start a New Thread and more. This section is easily accessed from the homepage.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 15.37.39.png

Popular Topics

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 15.57.31.png

The Popular Topics section on the homepage is your portal to other areas of the Community. Click on a tile to view another board! Here are a few we think you'll find helpful

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 16.01.01.png

Ask a question in Questions & How-To or New to Square boards. For example, start a new thread on this board if you have a question about Square’s fees or your setting up your item library for the first time.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 15.47.44.png

Sign in and Subscribe to the Square Product Updates blog. When you do you’ll be notified each time we publish a new blog entry. example

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 15.47.54.png

Submit a feature request!

Share your feedback about Square’s features and let us know how we can improve the tools you need to run your business

Recent Discussions - When there’s a new reply on a post it will appear under Recent Discussions. Click on a title to read the full post and click Reply to answer a question or share your feedback! 

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 16.04.56.png

Unanswered questions - share your knowledge and check out the Unanswered Questions to help someone else.

unnamed.png

As I mentioned we’d love to hear your feedback about the new Seller Community. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you for joining us!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 35
Report Inappropriate Content
34 REPLIES 34
Beta Member

Thanks for the invite Tra. 

My name is Steve, I'm from West Yorkshire and I run Tiny Idea food. We are a non profit organisation, set up to tackle food poverty. We fund this by making artisan pizzas from a 1950's caravan. We also sell kits to make pizzas at home.

I've been using square for well over a year now, and have found it to be invaluable.

I hope I can be a valuable member of this community.

Steve

@tinyideafood

Message 22 of 35

Hey everyone and Tra

Thanks for the invite to join the community. Its a great idea for all the best reasons. Greenwich Pantry are cooking school helping people to learn cooking techniques to keep them well. I am delighted to have a space to learn how we can get the best from working with Square. We are so pleased with your payment features that allows us to get money on the same day. Great feature to control cashflow. Can't wait to get more cash flowing though.. 

Looking forward to learning and contributing at some point.

Message 23 of 35

Hello everyone, 

Thank you so much for the add! I am a 25 year old crafter from Surrey and I am making my own zero waste and sustainable products in my shop and you are all more than welcome to have a look 🙂 

https://emmamadebyemma.square.site/

Message 24 of 35
Super Seller

Hi there everyone, just noticed this thread, I've been part of the community a few months now, so let me introduce myself!

I'm Matt, I own MJD Photography, I sell photography prints using my square site (http://mjdonline.square.site). I hope to further contribute to the community and help everyone out as best as I can. Nice to meet you all!

~Matt 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 25 of 35
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself Matt - and a belated Welcome to the Community! We really appreciate all of your contributions!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 26 of 35

Hi, is this group just for sellers in the U.K.? I'm a new Square user in the U.S. - thanks so much!!!

Pat (Pat9)

Message 27 of 35

Hello all, 

I joined the community 10 minutes ago, time to introduce myself. I’m Amber from Spicy Pumpkin. 

Recently I opened an online spiritual and wellness shop. I sell all natural products and only use recyclable packaging. I use the Square card machine for craft fairs to sell my handmade, essential oil candles. 

Please check out my website. All feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

spicypumpkin.co.uk

Message 28 of 35
Super Seller

Hey @SpicyPumpkin!

Welcome to the Seller Community and the Square ecosystem, we’re glad to have you here!

You’ll see us all over the community helping each other out, feel free to ask questions and join discussions, as well as advising people where you feel most comfortable doing so. 

Have a great time here! 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 29 of 35

Hi 

I’ve recently joined square with my crochet business, where I make sustainable products that can be reused and also other items for a bit of fun.  

My business crochetfromwales.square.site is newish and was first put on Etsy but decided to take the plunge as craft fairs open up to be able to show off my products in a new way (with fewer fees). 

I have to admit, it’s been a learning curve but hopefully I’ll get it soon.  I’m loving the seller community for answers to my questions that I’ve had, I’m still wondering though if there’s a way to remove the “add to cart” floating button - It seems to distract away from the person reading the description etc. 
any help would be gratefully received.

Bye for now 👋🏻 

Leanne

Message 30 of 35
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @Mskins!

About the Add to Cart button, the Best Answer in this thread may help. You can make it so that the description will shown above the Add to Cart or Buy button, making it easier for customers to read.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 31 of 35

Hi to all,

My name is Jonathan owner of Millars Fine Foods.

We import and sell gourmet and unique foods and can deliver to UK, US, CA and Ireland. you can see my website here, check it out and let me know what you think good or bad.

https://www.millarsfoods.com

Message 32 of 35
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @millarsfinefood.

Thanks for sharing, the website looks great. Looking forward to seeing you around 🙂 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 33 of 35

Hi all, I'm Bailey and I have a website selling and showcasing my handmade creations. I am a paper artist but dabble in other small crafts too. 

Web: www.auntybs.co.uk

Instagram: @auntybshandmadecreations

Message 34 of 35
Admin

Hey @AuntyB, welcome to the Seller Community 🙂 🐝

Feel free to check out our Community Etiquette Guidelines and have a browse around the threads and boards. 

We're delighted to have you and we're here to help with anything you need. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 35 of 35