x

Repair Shop / Consulting company & running customer repair tickets advice?

Hi. I have been using Square for probably 10 years now. But never as my main POS.

I would like to start using it as such, but I think the main limitation would be running tickets.

For example, someone brings in a computer for a repair, and as I work on it, I may need to add a repair price. No biggie. But say the client now wants to come in for a consulting session. Now I would like to add that session to their current balance / ticket, then check them out once all charges are complete.

I also have clients who I continuously add charges to their ticket for consulting phone calls, etc, then bill them out manually each month.

How would YOU do this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

If you sign up for square beta, they are running a test for house accounts. I don't have a use for it personally, but it might be what you're looking for.

As far as the current setup, it sounds like you're using open tickets to accomplish this. If not, let me know and I can explain that.

I would just create an item "consultation" and set the Unit to Per hour in whatever increments you bill in. (quarter hour, half hour, hour, etc) You can set the precision to .25, .5, 1, etc.
Then just add the item to the open ticket for each instance. I would certainly utilize the notes on the item to input the gist of the consultation. You might even add some modifiers for frequently discussed topics for speed.

Message 2 of 2