x
Admin

๐Ÿ‘‹ Welcome Wednesday ๐Ÿ‘‹

Hello everyone!

My name is Tom and I'm a community manager here at Square. I wanted to reach out to welcome all who joined the Seller Community this week and point out a few recent discussions that may be useful resources. Have a look at the posts below and let us know if any questions come up!

Local Connection Boards:

Webinars and Discussion Panels:

Resources:

Special shoutout to a handful of folks who joined recently: 

@MorganHuffines 

@BIYC 

@revivalcoffee 

@cafemed1 

@MoreOrganizing 

@ChaparralCoffee 

@LAB1011 

@JoyfulNoiseInc 

@MvilleSoapworks 

@christinadbyers 

@spicelife 

@LucabeCoffeeCo 

@imcmmb 

@Mochanutcoffee 

Stay strong, be safe, and remain healthy.

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Heyo! Is there a way to turn on a fee for pick up to help cover the costs of the transaction fees which are higher than usual?

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hey @ChaparralCoffee , we called the guys at Square, who directed us to the Weebly support group.  The only workaround we could figure out in the moment was to add a $0.50 modifier that was set to default selected and a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 1.  This is added to every item as a modifier (manually!), but the system was pretty smooth about it and took only about an hour to apply to about 150+ items.  Now, every item has that modifier added to it, which helps cover the cost.  Note: we're a coffee shop (assume you are as well) and avg. ticket is usually <$10.  So this fee really helped, and most people understand if you just tell them that its much more expensive to process online, unfortunately.

We have seen our avg. ticket go up as a bonus, as people normally now get more than one item and with all the pictures of food items (strategically placed above the coffees), they have to scroll past and normally select something - so that has been really helpful!

Message 3 of 5

@LucabeCoffeeCo Thank you! I imagine they will roll out this option within the next week. Hope ya'll are hanging in there! We added more grocery items and it's working to at least keep us afloat for now!

Message 4 of 5

@LucabeCoffeeCo Thank you! I imagine they will roll out this option within the next week. Hope ya'll are hanging in there! We added more grocery items and it's working to at least keep us afloat for now!

Message 5 of 5