x

what do i do if it is not approving my identity?

HELP! 
I am putting in all the right information but it still will not approve my account

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@CrossedBatwingz Sorry to hear you are having problems.  Maybe I can point you in the direction of some more specific help, though.  Without revealing any personal information here, can you be more specific about what “it” is telling you? What reasons does it give you that lead you to believe it is not approving your identity?

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”

User of the following third-party apps (ask for help or a referral link):

FreshKDS — Kitchen Display System
Bookkeep — Automated Revenue Accounting
Restoke — Menu Pricing and real-time inventory
Message 2 of 4

Its asked me for my full ssn, and when putting in the right one- it declines it. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@CrossedBatwingz Ah.  The Patriot Act strikes again!  This could be a number of things.  The most basic is that the name doesn’t EXACTLY MATCH the name on file with the social security administration.  Reasons for this?  You’re using your middle initial and the SSA has your full middle name, or vice versa.  You changed your last name (through marriage or divorce or whatever) and neglected to change it with the SSA.  Also, it’s rare, but I’ve actually know a couple of people who had identity fraud association with the SSN — like being submitted to the SSA as deceased, or someone hijacking their number.  Like I said, it’s rare, but it happens.

If you have your original social security card, be very sure you are entering your full name exactly, because even the slightest variance can cause a red flag.

Otherwise, you’ll have to contact Square customer success using one of the methods here.  Since this is personal information they are the only ones who can help you, and they are restricted from helping you here on a public forum.

I wish you well, and hope it is nothing more than a minor error that is easily fixable.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”

User of the following third-party apps (ask for help or a referral link):

FreshKDS — Kitchen Display System
Bookkeep — Automated Revenue Accounting
Restoke — Menu Pricing and real-time inventory
Message 4 of 4