x

anybody know how to get a W3 Transmittal for taxes?

W3 Transmittal form.. how to get it

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
Super Seller

I assume you are using Square payroll. I do not currently use Square payroll but use a similar payroll service, and they handle filing the W3 to the feds with the W2's they've produced for our employees.  I don't know that this is what happens with Square Payroll but, hopefully someone that knows more can point you in the right direction.

@Kpay is there someone on this board from Square Payroll?

Message 2 of 7
Alumni

Hey Photohouse!

I work on the Square Payroll product team - happy to help out with your question. 

Square Payroll will generate W-2s, file them, and send them to each of your employees. We are planning on generating Form W-3 as well, but since that form is not required because we file Form W-2 electronically, these will likely be done later in the month. 

Your W-2s are currently available for preview in the Tax Forms section of your Square Payroll dashboard. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Message 3 of 7

I use Square payroll.  I am trying to file my personal (and business) taxes.  Turbo Tax is asking for amounts located on my W-3, where can I locate this form? I have found my employees W-2's but not the W-3.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @scausby

The response by @AWH still holds true

Your W-2s are currently available for preview in the Tax Forms section of your Square Payroll dashboard and look for the Form W-3 in the coming weeks. 

Message 5 of 7

Do I need to file form W-3 and copy A forms W2s to the SSA? Or does square do this on my behalf with my payroll? 

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @Bruiz! Check out this thread. All the info is still accurate, only thing to add is that W3s will be filed for you, too.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 7