x

How do I drill down which customer bought a specific item?

Hi,

In my supplement store, I have customers who take a certain regimen of products. How do I search "Customers who bought 180mcg K2" for instance.

Also,

How can I look up a customer's purchase history, by PRODUCT, instead of clicking receipt after after receipt after receipt?

This is sooooo time consuming. Can't we make it a list?

6/28/16 : 180 mcg K2, 5,000 D3, Magnesium-l-Threaonate, 112.5 CFU probiotic.

5/6/16 : Aloe plus, 400 iu Vitamin E, MultiVitey 120s

something like this?

Please help!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hello!

You might want to check out Square's Customer Directory feature. 

With the Customer Directory you can add new customer profiles right from the payment screen.

You can also attribute each sale to that specific customers profile you'll be able to view purchase history.

Message 2 of 13

Hi @EJ_

I'm not sure if my question was clear. 

Customer Engagement Pro doesn't have the feature I'm describing.

I am looking to find ALL of the customers who purchaed item "xyz."

I am finding that looking in 500 people's individual customer maintenance files a bit tedious, time consuming, and annoying. 

My hope is to alert my customers who purchased specific products that:

a) I'm using a new supplier

b) Prices may be changing

c) Special discounts my be coming

d) This item may be discontinuied

Again, to clarify, I'm not looking into a specific person, but the breadth of my items to see who purchased them. 

For instance, in the last 6 months (or whenever), who has purchased "Active B Complex."

Thanks

Message 3 of 13

@Stellar732 Thanks so much for clarifying and I apologize for my confusion. 

Unfortunately grouping of customers by item purchased isn't available within your Dashboard.

Your best chance at informing these specific customers would be to send a mass email to all of your customers with those announcements. I know that's not ideal, so I'll be sure to share this request with our Product Team, as I definitely see how it could be helpful. 

Message 4 of 13

@EJ_

Perhaps this ought to be in a different thread, but referring back to a note in my original post:

I've noticed that when people leave feedback, you can look at their purchases, and the display shows the items in the list, along with the date. That's pretty cool. 

Is there any way to show this list, instead of clicking the enormous list of receipts one-by-one-by-one? 

Clicking each and every receipt to see who purchased something is ridiculous.

Even if you're looking at one customer who is asking when the last thime she purchased her Omega 3 Fish Oil, clicking every receipt looking for that one item is an enormous waste of time. 

Please ask your team to streamline this to make things easier. 

Thanks

🙂 

Message 5 of 13

The list feature in the Feedback section is pretty useful. As of right now that's the only section that it's available, but I will definitely send this over to our Product Team!

Message 6 of 13

I read through this thread and I agree 100% that there needs to be a feature that allows me to quickly and easily find a list of who bought a certain item.  I want to let those people know that another class is coming up that relates to the one they took.  Spamming all of my customers with emails that pertain to 10 people is an easy way to lose customers.

Just wanted to add my support for this feature!

Message 7 of 13

Really wish this was an option. We need to find students who have purchaced our classes and with no way to do this we are missing a ton of direct marketing opportunities. Will this be something we can look forward to soon? 

Message 8 of 13
Square

@SCS - While I can't speak to our product roadmap, I am happy to pass along the feedback. For more details on the feature request process, I'd suggest checking out this thread

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 9 of 13
Beta Member

I also needed this and found a workaround here: 

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Reporting-How-do-I-see-which-customers-purchased...

Still a little more time consuming than an auto-feature to handle this, but it certainly was faster than looking at every receipt!

Message 10 of 13
Square

@marketonmain - Thanks for taking the time to share! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 11 of 13

Hi,

This workaround is NOT helpful for the amount of customers and products I sell.

This is insanely difficut and tedious. I would literally be at this report for HOURS to determine who purchased B12 liqid vitimin in the 1,000 mcg in the 1oz size. 

Please work on making the customer purchase file look more like it does when loking at the "feedback."

Thanks

Message 12 of 13

Thank you for making things a bit easier, in the POS app, to find not only items, but customers in the 'Transactions" tab.

Excited to see when this will be available in the desktop dashboard.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 13