x

What license do I need to start my business?

Hello! I am a new shop owner, and I was wondering what license or certification I need to start? I know I need a resellers license. Below is a list of things I sell!!

Homemade Body Products (soap, lotion, salves)

Dried herbs homegrown

Crystals and stone

Animal products (fur, bone, ect.)

Incense products

Printed and painted 3d models/statues

Candles

Jewelry

Resin products

Variety of salts (not for eating)

Altar supplies

Live Plants

Handmade altar/witch/pagan items 

Thank you for your help!!

Message 1 of 4
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @WitchesandWolfs, welcome to the Seller Community 🙂 

You can find all the required information and documentation required to sign up for Square here

There are no certifications required to use or sell items via Square, however, if you'd like to check that all of your items are within our terms of service, you can review that information here

If there's anything else I can do to help you get set up, just let me know! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi - if you mean licenses that you need that are not within Square - you have to check that with your state, county, and locality. For example - where we are you have to have a business license even if you have a home based or online business and if you are down the street from me by about 1 mile you have to have 2 - one from the county, one from the city, and it is recommended for anything other than a sole proprietor to register with the Secretary of State. Georgia's Secretary of State has specific business start up checklists and your state might too 🙂 

D [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @WitchesandWolfs, welcome to the Seller Community 🙂 

You can find all the required information and documentation required to sign up for Square here

There are no certifications required to use or sell items via Square, however, if you'd like to check that all of your items are within our terms of service, you can review that information here

If there's anything else I can do to help you get set up, just let me know! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi - if you mean licenses that you need that are not within Square - you have to check that with your state, county, and locality. For example - where we are you have to have a business license even if you have a home based or online business and if you are down the street from me by about 1 mile you have to have 2 - one from the county, one from the city, and it is recommended for anything other than a sole proprietor to register with the Secretary of State. Georgia's Secretary of State has specific business start up checklists and your state might too 🙂 

D [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 3 of 4

Hello! Thank you! I live in Texas!

Message 4 of 4