x

Passcode

How do I change my passcode if I've forgotten it?!! Also how do I get on the phone with square?!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Why is my account asking for a four digit code to do anything

Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

@Shux Can you be a little more specific?  are you in the point of sale app? or on your dashboard on a computer?

You will have to get a code generated to contact customer service through the help button in your online browser.  Also, there is a 2 factor authentication option you may have turned on.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5593-2-step-verification?utm_medium=web&utm_source=dashboard 

If you can give a little more information, we can try to help you.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 6

So I was using the app just fine and I'm still learning the system I'm the owner and I was adding my wife on it and I thought I added her as a owner as well and now it's asking me for a passcode I don't know anything about I used her code I set her and it's not working I used everything I could think of and nothing is working and I can't access any features under either of us how do I fix it 

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Go to the Dashboard online -> Account & Settings

Under Personal Information you will see owner passcode

You can also change it if you need.

Make sure you didn't change your owner info to hers.

Her passcode should be set up under Team.

You can give her team permissions, but if she needs owner permissions you have to subscribe to teams plus. 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Nicolemwestling - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

You can reset your passcode at anytime! Start by logging into your Square Dashboard and clicking on your Team tab, and selecting the employee that needs the new code (in this case, select your name). Next to Permissions, select Edit and then Generate next to your Point of Sale passcode. 

Options to contact Square are here.

Phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6