x

Printed receipt delivery address

Hi, so we have plans to move our takeaway business to Square, having been impressed with the Square ecosystem. There seems to be one issue that we haven't found a solution for and that is when customers call up to make an order, there is no way to print a delivery address and phone number onto the ticket/receipt for the delivery driver. Am I missing something here?

Message 1 of 13
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Yumshi, thanks for your post. You can also include the customer's information on the printed receipt by adding it to the "Add Notes to Sale" section. Any information included here will appear on the printed receipt which you can give to delivery drivers. 

You can read more about using this feature in our Support Centre.

I hope this will help! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Emma
Community Manager, Square

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square Champion

Square isnโ€™t really geared up to take phone orders (online is pretty seamless though!).

A work around for this would be to have a zero value item called โ€œDeliveryโ€ & then add a note to that item. You can set the item up in the online dash so it comes up with the note window when tapped instead of adding it directly to the sale. 

This should make that side work for you. 

Pizza Is Chill
Message 2 of 13

Best Answer

Hi @Yumshi, thanks for your post. You can also include the customer's information on the printed receipt by adding it to the "Add Notes to Sale" section. Any information included here will appear on the printed receipt which you can give to delivery drivers. 

You can read more about using this feature in our Support Centre.

I hope this will help! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Emma
Message 3 of 13
Square Champion

I learn something new everyday @Emma_ !

Didn't see the ability to add a note to the sale in the app before - that's awesome & not sure how I've missed it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Pizza Is Chill
Message 4 of 13

Thanks both! Yes this is the work around I can currently see us using. Hopefully the majority of our customers use the online system to order. One other semi-related question, is when I make an order on the POS, it doesn't appear in the Orders tab. Is this normal? It seems like other than the KDS, there seems to be no record of it on the POS?

Message 5 of 13

@Yumshi, the Orders tab on the Square POS is for online orders only. If you want to check the order details (items, price, notes...etc) you entered manually while on the phone with your customer, you can go to Transactions

Emma
Message 6 of 13

Ah right thanks, I presume there's no way to view the order like the online orders with statuses? It seems like we'll have to keep a tab of the actual printed tickets that come in via walk-in and phone-in customers. It seems like an obvious function it needs to have to combine all orders, no matter whether they are online or offline. But I guess this is the result of the online being a "bolt-on" to the square POS...

Message 7 of 13
Square Champion

You are able to schedule walk up orders & then these would show in the orders tab. 

In reality the place that orders from all sources are collated are either on the ticket rail or on the KDS (the latter is one I'd recommend from my use as I've been able to abolish all my printers & their paper rolls!)

Pizza Is Chill
Message 8 of 13

Yes the KDS seems really good, we will definitely be using it. How would you schedule walk-in orders?

Message 9 of 13

Thank you @Yumshi for your feedback. I understand that having all your orders including phone and walk-in orders in one place will make it easier for you to manage your orders. I'll make sure to pass this on to our Product team. 

In order to enable POS orders on KDS, here are the steps to follow:

1. Open Square for Restaurants.
  2. Tap the three horizontal lines to open the launchpad
  3. Tap the Settings gear icon.
  4. Tap Orders.
  5. To enable, toggle ON View Point of Sale Orders to have orders placed on your POS sent to your Square KDS device.

To disable, toggle OFF View Point of Sale Orders.

I hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions. 

Emma
Message 10 of 13

Thanks Emma, so we've just switched over to Square POS and online and it's been ok but today wasn't busy so it allowed us to iron out a few issues.

As previously mentioned Square POS isn't designed to take phone orders. Is there any development in the pipeline to assist with this?

The features that would make the POS really good for takeaways like ours would be:

• Add a scheduled time for pickup/delivery for POS orders and integrate with the online orders
  • Search for delivery address and calculate mileage (for fees) - and then add to the order with the customer name and number

This is probably not going to happen overnight or at all depending on the number of people requesting this, but it's borderline a dealbreaker for us if it can't do this considering 25% of our orders are taken over the phone. If it did though, you would easily compete with all the mainstream takeaway POS systems out there (which are all terrible).

Thanks

Message 11 of 13

Hey @Yumshi, just stepping in for Emma here. 

We don't have any updates on this feature request as of yet. But do keep an eye out on the Seller Community as we'll be sure to announce any changes to this feature here. 

You've provided great feedback though, so I'll make sure to pass it over to our team for further consideration. 

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Message 12 of 13
Beta Member

Hi @k_atie 

Are there any updates on @Yumshi's enhancement request? This is a key feature my takeaway business requires. I also found https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Read-only-archive-Square-Online/Feature-Request-Print-customer-s-.... So, it seems to be a long running request from many Square users. It would be great to prioritise the enhancement request.

Thanks,

Muzibur

Message 13 of 13