x

Sole trader address on printed receipts

Hi there,

We are opening a pop up restaurant and we are unsure of what address we can (or have to) display on our customer receipts. I'm a sole trader and I don't want to use my home address if I can help it. I have registered the temporary food business at a physical location and I'm not sure if I can use this address on the receipts if we know we will move our pop up restaurant to a different location every few weeks. Is it even legal in the UK to issue a receipt without an address? I appreciate any help you can give me on this subject. 

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @sarah16!

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community! 

Itโ€™s fully understandable that you wouldnโ€™t necessarily want your home address to show on the receipts for your new pop-up. You can customise the appearance of your receipts and choose if youโ€™d like to display your location information by following the steps below on your Square Dashboard. 

1. Go to Account & Settings.
  2. Click Business information > Receipts.
  3. Toggle Off - Show Location > then click Save.

If youโ€™d like to keep some location information on the receipt, you might want to consider changing your location address to something more generic. You can edit your Location details from Account & Settings > Business Information > Locations.

If you haven't already, check out our guide on customising receipts and invoices.

Best of luck with the new venture!

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Hey @sarah16 - I'll start this by saying that I'm not a lawyer!

I've got a food truck so my home address is the one registered with the local EHO but I believe the only time you must display this is on a website *if* your offering goods for sale via delivery. In all other cases I believe that you're under no obligation to show your address as a sole trader. 

I don't have mine on any receipts but do try to make it as easy to get hold of me if needed with email and phone. 

On my website it's hidden a little in the terms section as I don't supply goods via mail order and everything is collected, if someone took issues they'd see it but it's not on the home page for everyone to see at a glance. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 3