x
Beta Member

Does anyone have problem with "options" across location?

Hi Guys,

I operate over 5 boba tea and coffee stores across various states. While our pricing strategy works smoothly overall, we've encountered a challenge with "options" function. When adjusting the price of an option at one location, it automatically updates across all others. Similarly, deleting an option at one location removes it from all others. Any suggestions for a solution to this issue?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Just taking over for Max here, @PuerTea

Thank you for the details. The price override would need to be manually toggled on for both variations and options.

Can you double-check any of the items that you are having trouble with to confirm that it's toggled on for options also? 

To do so:

1. Log in to your Square Dashboard and click Items & orders > Items Item library.

2. Select an item with one price variation that is available across multiple locations.

3. Next to Variations, click Edit variation details > Override price by location. In the Price field, also click Options > Add price override.

Let me know how this looks on your end! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

@PuerTea thanks for being a part of the Seller Community!

I came across this article on creating price overrides for multiple locations. Let me know if this is helpful! 

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hi, Thank you for your response,

I do price overrides for items, it works really well, but I still have trouble with "options" - which don't have override options for multiple locations. 

The customer order rule is:

1. Choose drink => can override

2. Choose size => can override

3. Choose topping (which usually come with 20 options for across items) => Can NOT override 

4. Ice option => can NOT override

Ex: for Regular milk tea $5, Variation size (Large & Medium) => both work with price overrides, but then when customer "add topping option" which we have a bunch of items there such as Black boba, Crystal boba, Jelly...., each comes with different price per each location but no price override function here.

Do you have any suggestion?

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Just taking over for Max here, @PuerTea

Thank you for the details. The price override would need to be manually toggled on for both variations and options.

Can you double-check any of the items that you are having trouble with to confirm that it's toggled on for options also? 

To do so:

1. Log in to your Square Dashboard and click Items & orders > Items Item library.

2. Select an item with one price variation that is available across multiple locations.

3. Next to Variations, click Edit variation details > Override price by location. In the Price field, also click Options > Add price override.

Let me know how this looks on your end! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

It worked! very appreciate for your time and very detail instruction !

Message 5 of 5