x

For restaurant owners and operators – what do you love most about what you do?

Hi there! My name is Davy and I've been in the restaurant game for about 8 years now.

I'm curious to know, as a restaurateur, what gives you the greatest pleasure in doing what you do? 

Put another way, if you could have a day without any distractions to work on any aspect of your business, what would it be?"

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

@deecee this is an amazing question! Tagging some members here who I am curious to hear from.

@DeutschEssen@Eddiemunster@makedonas, & @TomsRestaurant 

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

Multiple things. 
I’ve been in the restaurant business for over 30 years and I still enjoy it as much as my first day! 
I enjoy the art of service and hospitality and how it makes people happy. I enjoy the multitude of challenges to succeed and maintaining everything at a high level. I enjoy the random guests stopping me at the restaurant or even away from work and them expressing how much they enjoy my place and how thankful they are (it’s very heart warming and humbling). 
i enjoy the variety of staff, the crazy and not so crazy, and how they grow and reach their potential. 
Variety and diversity is the key to life lol

i enjoy entertaining, so when I have free time, I’m thinking up more ways and events to entertain. I’m also thinking of more ways to grow and fine tune operations. How to make things even smoother, how to make staff more happy and more ways for the restaurant to be on auto-pilot. 

My restaurant will be 6 years old this July. Would I do it again?
In a heart beat. 

Feta Whisperer [ insta: 86feta ] [ fb: greekbelly ]
Message 3 of 7
Admin

Love this! Can totally feel your passion for being in the restaurant space too, super inspiring! 

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 4 of 7
Admin

30 years is impressive, @makedonas! Especially to still love it as much as day one. I think it is safe to say that you found your passion 😊

I can really relate to your thoughts around the art of service and hospitality. Any career that I've had -- my biggest joy has always been around helping people and delivering a really quality experience. It really fills my cup. 

I'd love to hear more about your staff and the ways that you coach them to grow and reach their potential. I feel like team building is such a huge part of being able to deliver that consistent quality experience. I'm sure there are some tips and tricks we could learn from you here in the Community! 

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Definitely agree on how much joy there is when crafting unforgettable experiences!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 6 of 7
Admin

I love this question so much. 💙

Curious to hear your answer too, @deecee ! What brings you joy as a restaurant owner and operator? 

And on the flip side -- what's the part that you find the least fulfillment with?  😈 

Message 7 of 7