x
Beta Member

Square and DoorDash Integration

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Doordash integration]

Is anyone using the integration with doordash? How does it work? Can you share some experiences and is it recommended? We are currently using the tablet provided by doordash and the regular Square POS app, so they are not connected to each other at all. Thanks 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Square Community Moderator

Hey @tyler!

It looks like there's a waitlist as of right now to get onto Doordash with Square that you can sign up through this page here.

This thread will be open if there's any sellers who happened to get on it to provide their feedback but I just wanted to put this in here too for you. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 25

@ashc @tyler Any update to this? Someone from Doordash reached out to me with instruction to integrate the two. I did it from the doordash side but nothing seems to be happening. Please advise

Message 3 of 25

Hi there, @anhmazingfood! Thanks for checking in on this.

We can't speak directly to your status with Doordash, but hopefully we can point you in the right direction with some next steps. Can you clarify where you left off with the representative from Doordash when you spoke to them concerning your integration?

Joe
Message 4 of 25

@Joe they gave me instructions on how to integrate with square through their merchant portal. Which I did and shown below. So I am trying to see how I can confirm on that on square side.

D85C77B6-D1AD-4460-A6E4-A79FEE651B2D.jpeg

Message 5 of 25

Interesting. Thanks for clarifying that, @anhmazingfood. My suggestion would be to reach out to them directly one more time. Like  all of our third party integrations, Doordash Integration are managed by their Support Team - so we have limited visibility into where the discrepancy may be taking place.

Please keep me updated on your progress!

Joe
Message 6 of 25
Super Seller Alumni

If all I’m looking for is to have door dash & Postmates orders show up in my Orders tab, what steps do I need to take? Do I need Square Restaurants or am I fine with just basic POS? Do I need to wait on the waiting list? What other delivery services work with the centralized Orders? Chowly looks like there’s a monthly fee & doesn’t work with grubhub anymore?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 7 of 25
Admin

Hi @pessosices! I'm stepping in for @Joe.

If you are only using Door Dash and Postmates, those are the only orders that will show up in the Orders tab. They can be integrated from the Square Dashboard under Orders > Order Partners. Just to confirm, are you asking if you can have orders coming from different platforms/partners not go to the Orders tab? To just be exclusively Door Dash and Postmates?

Regardless, you do not need Square for Restaurants for this. Here are our other featured partners for delivery, pickup, and shipping orders: 

If you're looking for an actual Delivery & Order Management system (not just deliveries), these are the apps we partner/integrate with, which includes Chowly. 

I hope this has been helpful. Let me know if you have any additional questions 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 8 of 25
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks! I’m not looking to have only those show up in my orders tab, but rather I’m only looking at options that do show up in my orders tab in addition to Weebly orders, the more the merrier. Good to know that they will!

So chowley orders would not show up in the Square Orders tab? 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 9 of 25

@isabelle That is exactly what I am looking for. But as you can see, it says Join Waitlist for DoorDash. I have been told by square that it is integrated months ago and I assumed when DoorDash gave me instruction that it is finally true. Please advise. 

Message 10 of 25
Admin

Hmmm, good question @pessosices.

Let me look into that one. This makes it sounds like they will:

Orders from UberEats, DoorDash, etc., will automatically transmit through your Square POS, utilizing the same language your POS system speaks, sending the order tickets directly to the kitchen - streamlining the entire delivery process.

I'll post back when I get a confirmed answer. 

Hi @anhmazingfood-

I will look into the status of our integration with DoorDash too. They acquired Caviar, which has an available integration, so I'm not sure why we wouldn't have DoorDash fully up and running yet. I'll follow up with both of you Monday when I have some more answers. Thanks so much for your swift responses, and detail. I appreciate it.  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 11 of 25
Admin

Hey @pessosices and @anhmazingfood👋

Thanks for your patience. 

I confirmed with a Support Advocate who frequently works with sellers that have delivery/order management integrations, such as Chowly. They confirmed yes, as long as the integration steps are done properly, the orders will show up in the Orders tab of the Square POS app. 

As far as the DoorDash integration launch goes, I reached out to the partnership manager at Square. They did not have a date/timeline that I can share as to when this partnership will be available to all sellers. In the meantime, DoorDash will continue to reach out to waitlisted members to help them onboard to the beta we are currently running. We'll post updates in the Seller Community as we receive them. Thanks for your time! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 12 of 25

@isabelle @Thanks Isabelle, our Doordash orders are ramping and not integration is frustrating. So is there no integration for Square for restaurant either? It would be the only reason why we would get square for restaurant. 

Also, if we were to sign up for square for restaurant, would the fees by waved during the this pandemic?

Message 13 of 25
Admin

Hey @anhmazingfood-

Thanks for your reply. 

I can understand how frustrating this is. I would suggest calling our Support Team to see if they can take a look at your account to see where you're at on the waitlist. I unfortunately don't have access to that.

We are waiving all software subscription fees for the month of April for existing sellers who currently use Square Appointments, Retail, Restaurants, Loyalty, Team Management, Payroll, Marketing, and Square Online Store. This is in addition to refunding March subscription fees.

Really sorry about the inconvenience this is causing. I will make sure to post an update on the DoorDash full (not waitlist) integration when I hear one. Thanks again for posting. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 14 of 25

So are they saying that DoorDash does NOT integrate with Square for restaurants?  Because if so this is false advertising.  The Square for restaurants page specifically says it DOES integrate with DoorDash

Message 15 of 25

@joco I feel the same way. It is currently in beta and you sign up. It took weeks-months to integrate. It was too complicated so we stopped the process. Extremely disappointed but happy it happened that way because it made us get the Doordash tablet. Takes up a ton of space but super convenient.

Message 16 of 25
Beta Member

How do I get an integration code from Square to allow DoorDash to integrate? I've tried calling Support two days in a row now and no call back.

Message 17 of 25

Hey @vhovar,

As mentioned above there is a waitlist still for Doordash with Restaurants at this time.

I checked in with Restaurants again to be sure but this is still in place as of right now. That's why you're not able to get this code you need. 

Ashley C
Message 18 of 25
Beta Member

@ashc So are you saying that Square has a waitlist?
I had provided this feedback to my DoorDash contact over a month ago and he insists that the integration is there and working for us to use it with our Square Register or Ipad. He has sent me several messages:
"Still trying to connect with you and get the Square integration ID, I have set up multiple people with square and it should be a quick call just letting them know you are adding DoorDash and need the integration ID and you will be all set. Let me know. "

This really needs to be clarified on both sides and not leave us hanging out here trying to get our businesses back. There is also NO EXCUSE for not giving a call back on Support calls. I put a call in last Friday and again on Monday. It is now WED and still no callback. What if my call was about our entire operation being down?!!?

Message 19 of 25
Beta Member

@vhovar did you made it. And everything is work because I still have same problems. I call doordash and ask me for Square integration ID and when I called square they told me doordash should have it and saying doordash customers support not turning right .. this what square team saying. I don’t know what I should do. Doordash need Square integration ID. And square saying doordash should know it we can’t give it to u. 

Message 20 of 25
Beta Member

@Mazika0777, sorry but we never got this integration with DoorDash. We gave up as did they. I assumed the reluctance on Square's side was due to the fact that they announced an integration with Postmates, which we don't have in our area. We re-evaluated our use of delivery, in general, and are not sure it fits our business. 

Message 21 of 25