x

Wifi issue with my Square terminal

Hi all, having a problem with my Square terminal. I had it connected to my EE wifi mini which worked well for a while but then decided not to connect. i found a workaround which was to connect the terminal to my phone and use the EE wifi through that: again that worked for a while until the Terminal updated. So now the only wifi it will work with is with my phone internet connection which is with O2.

EE are unable to give me any answers and to be fair to them all my other devices work with the EE wifi it is only the Square terminal that doesn't. Anybody had this issue or have any idea what the problem could be? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Square Champion

Iโ€™ve not had this issue with EE but I did have issues through three. Turns out it was their side and turning off the adult block worked ๐Ÿ˜‚

Donโ€™t ask me what sort of site they thought square was ๐Ÿ˜

This could be worth a try by logging into your EE account. 

Pizza Is Chill
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the response Sam! Unfortunately this hasn't worked ๐Ÿ™„

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hi @TobieOWC - thanks for trying the suggestion from Sam. 

This is strange - I had a look but I can't see any reports of similar issues from other sellers. 

Can you try factory resetting the Terminal when you can? Steps are here under Reset your Terminal. 

We can potentially have our engineers look into if this and some other troubleshooting steps don't work. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Breffni , thanks  for the response.

i have tried all the troubleshooting steps that i can find within support including factory reset. just tried it again and still the same issue.

Weirdly it did connect to the EE wifi briefly yesterday afternoon for the first time in months but it won't again today and only works on O2. All software is up to date.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Admin

I would suggest giving our support team a call when you can @TobieOWC on 0800 - 098 8008, 9AM- 5PM, Mon-Fri 

There are a few other network tests we can try and then potentially file a ticket here. We will get to the bottom of it! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 6 of 6