x
Super Seller

A Square Alternative to Amazon…..

@Pesso @isabelle @AmandaL 

I have a suggestion, that came from a thank-you gift I recently received from the Square Financial Panel. See photo. I’m not sure Amanda realized this, but I made my own ketchup when I was a food place and even posted the recipe on my web site when we discontinued food service.  And, my husband Charles and I only use real maple syrup for my homemade pancakes.

Anyway….. I was looking through the vendor’s web site (http://Bairdfarm.com) and realized they were perfect for lots of Christmas and birthday (and more) gifts for friends and family. Charles and I are always looking for unique gifts.

What would you folks think about Square putting together a current site of Square Online Sellers that was categorized and that other sellers could use for such a purpose? Make it searchable, and require sellers on it to re-verify their presence as a Square Seller regularly, so the list was self-updating. I know that I would use it a lot, because I HATE using Amazon but Amazon is convenient, you have to admit. Just a thought, and I’m pretty sure other Square Sellers would jump at the chance.  I’d much prefer putting my holiday and birthday dollars in the bank accounts of fellow sellers, especially when I see quality and commitment like I saw at Baird Farm’s web site.

It’s sort of like Give & Get, but with more than gift cards and for shipping and even local pickup and delivery, too.  You could call is “Square-a-zon!”  🤣. Thoughts?

A8DA61C7-9D84-4D9E-BC14-77DE24D79434.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Thanks so much @TheRealChipA !

Also tagging @Hailey 

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 2 of 6
Admin

@TheRealChipA you must have been a fly on the wall to my and @Pesso's chat yesterday! haha I love this idea

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

This would so cool! Amazing Idea! We get gifts fir staff for various reasons as well and it would be so cool to support another Square seller! We try to find small businesses as often as we can but this would make it so much easier and would bring the community closer together I think as well!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 4 of 6
Square

Love the idea @TheRealChipA! Thank you for raising, I'll forward this over to some teammates to consider! 

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

I love this idea.  I get so excited to support other Square sellers!

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 6 of 6