x

Customize Item on Square for Bakers

Hi!

I'm a baker on square and trying to post a dozen cookie box for customers to customize with their choice of flavors. Does someone know how to do that? Where the customer can pick, 2 chocolate chip, 3 sugar, 7 honey..I need help!

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@cecileNoelle Hey there, this is a common question without a great answer.  There are a couple of different ways to tackle it, but it isn't as straight forward as it would seem.  The big question will be how many flavors of cookies do you have?

What I recommend is setting up each cookie as an item with a base price.  You would ring up 3 of each kind till you got to 12 and just set up a discount that makes the price equal what you would charge for the dozen.  I.e. if they are each 2$, but a dozen is 12$, you would have a 12$ off a dozen discount.

The only other way to do it is through using modifiers, but then you have to list each flavor and all the different numbers of them.  I use this method for a build your own breakfast platter, but you can only pick bacon twice on a pick 2 or pick 3 or pick 4.

With the discount you can even set it up to automatically apply if someone buys a certain amount like 12 or 24.  Selling online is a little different, I am assuming you are talking about people walking in your shop.

Hope this helps,

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2