x

Feature Request: Sort Invoices by Due Date

While I see there are many ways to sort invoices, the issue I am having is the inability to sort outstanding invoices by due date. They always appear in the order they were created with the most recently created at the top of the list.

In my industry people may book services days,weeks, or months in advance, and I generate their invoice immediately and adjust the due dates accordingly- deposits must be paid upon receipt and remaining balances due 2 days prior to services beginning..

When I go to my invoices dashboard each day to check for outstanding invoices due today, they are scattered all down the list due to creation date.  This is becoming tediously time consuming.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @PurrfectPetSits,

Thanks for bringing this up and for explaining why sorting invoices by due date is important for your business. I can see how having to manually review multiple line items to find the appropriate payments would be time consuming.

I'll be sure to surface your experience with our Invoices Team and point out an area for improvement. In the meantime, it might help to make sure that your customer's name matches what you put into your calendar—with that, you can search the Invoices tab and confirm if they've paid right away.

Appreciate your patience and please keep in touch for updates!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

I would also really appreciate this feature so that in any given week I know what funds to expect. As it is now, I have to export all the outstanding invoices and then sort by due date in Excel.  It really shouldn’t require this external step.

I hope that’s something that will be on the future updates.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice to this feature request, @BklynCakeStudio. I've noted this over to our Product Teams. We will be sure to update here in the event that this feature becomes available. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I am new to the forum but have used Square for a while.  This is frustratingly absent.  I'm in a business that books single dates sometimes over a year in advance.  Something as simple as sorting by date would be invaluable!  PLEASE ADD!!!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for adding your voice, and highlighting this feature request @EzraJW!

I can definitely see how useful this feature would be, and understand your frustration not having this option yet. We're continuing to advocate for the features we receive here. If you'd like to find out more about how feature requests work, take a look here

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

Message 6 of 6