x
Beta Member

Free Item with Purchase Coupon

I'm offering a free ornament with purchases of $40 or more this season. For in-store purchases, I add the ornament to their cart and then apply a discount for that ornament so it comes out to $0.  But I haven't figured out how I could create a workaround to do this on my website for online shoppers.  Anyone have ideas?

Anji
Paper Florist
loveanji.com
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @loveanji thanks for your question. The discounts you create for your in-person shoppers are different than what you'd create for your website. Those are called Coupons, and you have to create separate coupons from your Dashboard > Online > Items > Coupons. But those coupons are only for dollar amount or percentage off; you can't specify a unique free item.

One workaround would be to create new items and call them "Free ornament with purchase", and add a description that these are free with certain $$ purchase. Then make their cost $0, or if you have to make it an amount....  .01$ (one cent). You could feature these on your homepage or send a marketing email to your online shoppers. You'd have to manually check each order to make sure they meet the minimum purchase though. I hope this helps answer your question, maybe another Seller will have a better workaround for you.

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I like that idea.  Thank you for the suggestion, Charlie! 

Anji
Paper Florist
loveanji.com
Message 3 of 3