x

I received an email from square to verify account or it will be disabled is this legit

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to inform you that your Square Account will be disable in less than 24 hours. To avoid this a simple verification is required, Simply click the link below and log in with your Square ID and Email Password and confirm your information.

ACCOUNT WILL BE DISABLE                                         

Thanks,

The Square Team
squareup.com
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @AxisofAction

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It does not look like it came from our server. Can you please forward that email to spoof@squareup.com so we can investigate? Also, welcome to the Seller Community! 😁

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks Ellie for providing the Square email address for issues such as this.  (I noticed that if you hover your mouse over the link, you'll see a strange domain name - not anything close to Square.)

Best JK, 😎

Message 3 of 5

We are being scammed I got a similar email in March and ignored it. I now have not had a transfer in 6 months. They have over $5000 of my money. They still let me use the service but now can't get my money. Impossible to talk to someone. WTF?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AxisofAction and @Nick641, Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If you have received an email claiming to be from Square, please forward it to spoof@squareup.com so our teams can take a look. Emails from us will always come from an address ending in @squareup.com 

Please do not include any other information in the email you forward (including usernames and passwords).

If you received a suspicious email and provided any personal information, please let us know right away. In addition to alerting our teams, follow the steps below to help us secure your account:

• Navigate to Account and Settings to change your Square account password.

• Enable 2-step verification.

• Change your password to your email.

• Check your filters to ensure that emails from Square are not set to be filtered out of your inbox.

To learn more about how to identify a potential spam email, visit this page in our Seller Community and blog.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns in the future!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5