x

I want discounted prices to appear line by line on the customer's receipt

I am having many customers very confused about the price they are paying for discounted items.  Most of our hundreds of SKU's have a percentage of discount on them, and the problem is when they look at their receipt they cannot see the net price of each item they have purchased because all of the discounts are lumped together at the bottom of the receipt.  So many of our customers are disgruntled because they assume the price shown beside each line item is the price they are paying.

I realize that I can circle the discounts at the bottom, but often times customers do not pay attention to this information at the time of sale, and all they really see is the original 'retail' price shown on the receipt, not the net discounted price.  This is causing much trouble for us.

Lastly, we have even gone so far as to add additional text to each item's variable description indicating the percentage of discount for each variable item that reads as follows for example:   "Medium Size  20% deducted at bottom."  But customers just seem to look at the price shown beside the item which is NOT the discounted price.

At most stores, when an item is discounted, the savings and the discounted price is shown beside each line item on the receipt.

And yes, you could still show the total discounts of the above listed line items at the bottom of the receipt along with the bulk discount amounts that apply to the whole sale.  That would be helpful.

This would be a highly valuable change for your merchants using Square.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

yes, that would be great and clear up lots of confusion for the customers.  unfortunately, that isn't how Square is currently set up to display.  I agree it is a very needed and oft-requested item.

Message 2 of 6

I want the same thing!!!

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Roxannequilts 

This is now a feature that is included with Squared Retail. I would like to invite you to try it for free and see if it meets your expectations. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

How much does the retail version cost?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

At this time we have several options to choose from @Roxannequilts, Free, Plus, and Premium. You may the details of our offerings here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6