x

Selling on Facebook using Square links--will Facebook Shops take a cut?

HI,

I usually sell at events and use the mobile Square device to accept payments. I want to sell online, but not have a Square website, as I am working on a WIX site, and also want to sell directly through Facebook and Instagram. First question--can I sell through a Facebook page for my business, or do I have to have a Facebook shop to use the Square links? I tried setting up a link and got a message saying "our store is not currently accepting orders." Why?

Second question--in order to get buyers to pay through Square on FB, do I need to put a link on every piece of inventory? Eventually, I hope to send customers to my WIX site and they can pay on there through Square. I believe Square does integrate somehow with WIX. This technology is so frustrating for me. 😞 Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I am a little confused why you are choosing to go with Wix when square has the integration with Weebly and also allows you to integrate all your product into Facebook & Instagram Shop if you choose?

You can setup a Facebook shop but then (I believe)  the processing is through Facebook. If you integrate Facebook with square, (which I believe you need to have the weebly site to do) you inventory is managed across channels. 

The square integration with their e-commerce solution is quite easy. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content