x

We are a non profit raising money for a Benefit...

I created online links to share with the community and was charged over $400 in fees for transactions. Is there a way to adjust this as these were donations (for a raffle) meant for a Benefit for a non-profit? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hello @BVAPSVB thanks for your post. I understand as a nonprofit it's important to utilize as much of your donations as possible for your missions, however I do not think there is a nonprofit mode or feature for using Square. Square charges a processing fee for all Credit Card transactions and keeps that percentage as a cost of doing business. Most users of Square tend to be for-profit businesses and they are able to write up the cost of credit card processing as a business expense. Perhaps your nonprofit can also use the credit card fee as a valid business expenses; please check with your accounting professional but I believe this could be permissible.

If someone from Square has another answer or way nonprofits can process credit cards without the associated fees, I hope they will also comment on your post. If there is no way to write off these expenses for running credit cards, perhaps you can encourage cash or check donations to your benefit. I hope this helps answer your question.

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your reply, Charlie. This makes sense. I appreciate the input and will consult and accountant in regards to your suggestion. 

Message 3 of 3