x

Why do my customers have so many issues with completing a purchase from my online menu?

Every single day I have multiple customers that complain that can not finish ordering. I am using the free online menu from Square. If I pay to have a website, will the myriad problems go away, or will the website still be using the same "base' system to accept and process orders?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

HI, the free plan includes all the options of the paid plan.  The difference for paid is additional features and options needed for growing businesses and to add an official .com instead of the .square.site.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 16

If I pay to have a website, will the myriad problems go away, or will the website still be using the same "base' system to accept and process orders?

Still have customers daily telling me that they can not complete their orders.

Message 3 of 16

HI, it is still the same platform. 

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 4 of 16

If by platform you mean https://bangkokbeachbistro.square.site/, then yes.  I am still using the free website/online menu.

I had one new customer 2 days ago tell me.

And another gentleman last night that has ordered from me several times was not able to complete his order. He showed me on his tablet 8 to 10 verification codes. None of them would allow him to complete his order.

Message 5 of 16

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 6 of 16

I wish that was the problem, but it is not.

Thank you for trying.

Message 7 of 16

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 8 of 16

Perhaps, I am not using the correct English words. Perhaps, transaction is the word. Countless customers can not complete the transactions.

It is my understanding that what you describe is true. However, one can not move forward to select a new item without choosing what you photoed/attached above. My customers have made all their selections.

The problem is somewhere in the checkout. That is why I wonder if Square processes free sites in a different manner than paid sites.

Message 9 of 16

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 10 of 16
Super Seller

@BKKBeachBistro ,

I can not speak for Squares websites, because I use Shift4Shop for my website and Square or PayPal for CC processing there.  This issue was nonexistent a few months ago but after some Update (Downgrades) I was getting more errors of transactions not being completed.  Shift4Shop told me Square Updated something and they were working with Square to fix the problem.  This problem seems to have been fixed after 2 days of issues with people trying to pay through Square.  I even tried to accept a Credit Card through my Backoffice for the website from a Phone order for a customer and could not complete it and had to use the Virtual Terminal in Square to complete that order.  

Another issue I am having which I am unable to fix since it requires my customers input is to Select their Payment Method.  Either PayPal or Credit Card.  Some people do not select this or select the wrong one and then payment is rejected.  Not sure if you have multiple payment methods on your site too.  Such as PayPal or other cash Apps etc.   Just an idea to look at.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 11 of 16

Thank you for your response, Keith.

Customers can pay with Google, credit cards, and now I see a

BKKBeachBistro_0-1671030605580.png

Square pay icon. Not sure when this was added.

BKKBeachBistro_1-1671030654164.png

One can not click out of this. One must checkout as guest if they don't want to continue. 

I wonder if I can delete this from my CART website?

However, the gentleman last night had 6 to 8 verification codes in his email, and none of them worked.

Thanks again for your logical fallacy free response. I hope your able to sort your issues too.

Message 12 of 16

Please excuse the attempt to help.

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 13 of 16

Where are the posts showing your help? I can't see them anymore.

I see the one where I thanked you.

I'd really like to see the one where insinuate that I am the only person having the problem. Oh, the color one was great too.

Do level 5 members get to remove their antagonistic replies?

Message 14 of 16
Super Seller

@BKKBeachBistro ;

Then since the person was getting the Codes that did not work the issue appears to be with Square's verification methods and would require you calling Square Support.  Since this site is mainly other Square users with a few moderators on here, but none of us can see your actual account or help with these type of errors.  For Square Support call    1     (855)      7OO    -     6OOO   <-   The number was imputed there..... trying to put spaces in it so it does not get blocked by this site.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 15 of 16

Thank you.

Message 16 of 16