x

can i sell swords and knives

can i sell swords and knives on square online store

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Thanks for checking @Jesse_22

It is against our Terms to use Square for anything related to sales of weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury.

You can learn more about Square’s Terms online. Feel free to contact our Support team directly if you have additional questions about this.

Thank you for your understanding.

Message 2 of 8

You can't sell a simple pocket knife or multitool that has a knife? Why is that against your policy.

Message 3 of 8
Square

Hi @ISOPREP, to clarify further: Any knives not intended for kitchen use are disallowed by our Terms of Service. 

If you intend to sell items of this nature, you will not be able to process with Square. 

Message 4 of 8

I have a question, we sell Search and Rescue items some of which are knives... would these which are to be used as tools be restricted as well? 

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Critical,

We see its your first time posting in the Seller community, welcome! 

Currently our terms of Service allows self defense items that are not offensive in nature, as well as martial arts training items. Just to name a few examples of what is allowed in accordance with our terms of service, check out the list below:

• Knives used in the preparation of food
  • Swiss Army type knives
  • Multi-tools
  • Folding knives with blade lengths of less than 3.5 inches
  • Axe (sold as a tool not weapon)
  • Machete (sold as a tool not a weapon)
  • Saw (sold as a tool not a weapon)

However, Offensive weapons are generally prohibited. Items that are marketed as harm-causing are generally not allowed (i.e. hunting knives versus kitchen knives). Any parts used to create any item listed below are also prohibited:

• Butterfly knives
  • Switchblades
  • Stiletto knives
  • Daggers
  • Bowie knives
  • Concealed / Disguised knives
  • Ballistic knives
  • Fixed blade knives of any length (some exceptions listed in allowable items)
  • Swords
  • Antique weapons (civil war Swords )

We hope this provides you some insight and a starting point! Looking forward to reading your response. 😊

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

As long as a Knife can be a Tool; this would be acceptable?   I am talking strictly things like Spyderco and some Cold Steel, while I understand as long as it is not a offensive weapon then it will be allowed.  Is there a email address which I can send items to verified prior to listing?  I want to make sure I do not run afoul of the rules.  Thank you. 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

@Critical Did you get a chance to take a look at the terms of service?

If you would like to speak to one of our Customer Success advocates click here.

Let us know if we can answer any other questions, we're happy to assist. 😊

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8