x

free card reader

the card reader is supposed to be free, but it keeps coming up at $10.

I have never had one before either.

help

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @barbbarb - Welcome to the Seller Community! 

Are you logged into your Square account when purchasing the reader?  When you have a chance, please try ordering this way: "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process.

If that doesn't work, feel to let us know, we'd be happy to look into this further. 

Have a good day. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 8

Yes I was logged in.  It adds $10 to the  cart  

Is there a promo code I can use to make it free? 

I have never received one before.  I just set up a brand new account. 

Please help 

Message 3 of 8

We'd be happy to send you a free reader @barbbarb. I will send you a private message to gather your shipping details. Sorry for the trouble. 

Have a wonderful day! 

Sayra
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 8

I'm having the same issue.  The verbiage on the page says get a free card reader and then it shows up as $10 in the cart. 

Message 5 of 8

Hello, @haveawesomenail-  Welcome to our Seller Community! 

Please be on the lookout for your inbox. I will be sending you a private message related to your account. 

Thanks. 

Sayra
Message 6 of 8

And here we are 10 months later... apparently the first reader is NOT free. I just got an email inviting me to 'click here' to get my free card reader. Which, as it turns out is $10 plus tax. I tried the mod's way... it's still $10 plus tax. Why is this?

Message 7 of 8

Update: I finally got past the chatbot to a person. The question was not addressed, rather they just sent a card reader. For free. Right away. Amazing response once you get through. 

Message 8 of 8