x
Admin

Welcome to the Leisure and Entertainment group! ⛳️ 🛼 🎢

Hello, and welcome to the Leisure & Entertainment group in Seller Community! We launched this group to provide a place for you to share tips, knowledge, ideas, and more. 

If you're new to the group, please reply here and introduce yourself and your business, or start a new thread about anything you want!

If you haven't already joined the group, visit the group home page and click the Join Group Hub button. We're looking forward to getting to know you! 😊

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Super Seller

@ElisabethB first one to comment..

A graduate of WCRMT, I began my career as a Registered Massage Therapist in 2003, practicing primarily in Regina. I spent time working with the Canadian Olympic Dive team, leading up to the 2008 Olympic Games. For nearly a decade, I practiced at the Downtown Regina YMCA until its unfortunate closure in November 2020.

With the closure of one business it gave me the opportunity to move to a new location in the general location of my old place. In late November I opened up Ryan Anton Schaffer Registered Massage Therapist and began a working relationship with Square.

In my free time, I enjoy running and being active outdoors with my wife, Sage and our dog, Roux. I also love to travel and have taken my passion for swimming, cycling and running around the world, competing in many triathlons and marathons.  

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 2 of 43
Super Seller

Hi everyone!

I'm Matt, I'm a photographer and web developer based in the UK!

I launched my first business (MJD Photography) in November of 2020 and I have operated this business ever since. I recently launched my second business (MJD Web Services) in March 2022 and I have loved the new doors it has opened up to me and the new connections it has allowed me to build!

Throughout my free time I like to learn new code and programming tricks and go out hiking (my dog's favourite of my pass times 😆).

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here! 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 43

Hello My name is Chris, I am a record producer for my Company CB Soundz Productions.

Not too sure what else to say here, but I hope to be able to connect and meet other interesting business owners here.

Message 4 of 43
Beta Member

Hi from Neville in Australia. Our company Thyme Software provides systems to help manage and support golf and yacht clubs: https://membermagic.com.au/ 

We are using the Square Terminal, integrated with our golf kiosk software, to provide a cashless payment option for small golf clubs across Australia.

Message 5 of 43

Hi,

I'm the owner of a glass art studio in Westlake Village, CA, USA.  I opened 5 weeks before COVID closed us all down.  

Focused on teaching 'technique' classes in fused glass, stained glass, and mosaic.   With a beautiful gift shop of handmade art pieces, made by artists associated with the studio.  We also have Open Studio memberships for those artisans that have the skills and want to be part of a community and space to work.

Created my own website with Squarespace, using Square was a no-brainer.  

Love the studio community, they bring joy every day!

Message 6 of 43

Hey everyone! My husband are the owners of two businesses that utilize Square. One of those is an event rental business, Backyard Tent - we rent tents, tables, chairs, linens, etc for weddings, baby showers, graduation parties, you name it. It's been a great little business for us, despite Covid, of course.

Our other business is a little different...we own a haunted attraction that is open for the entire month of October called Haunt on Eden. We enjoy this one immensely. It's a family affair, as our girls have been a part of it since they were little, scaring the pants off of people!

So there you have it, entertainment AND leisure! 🙂

Looking forward to the group!   - Susan

Message 7 of 43
Admin

Hi @backyardtent, thanks for joining! I would love to hear more about Haunt on Eden - sounds right up my alley! 👻
Do you have a website you can share?

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 8 of 43

The Haunt on Eden sounds like fun and involves a passion of mine.... haunted places and things!

Conn Hutzell
Message 9 of 43
Beta Member

Greetings!

I own and operate @InnThrall, the premier Kinky B&B for Luxurious Romantic Getaways...with a dungeon. InnThrall offers Guests a private, secret sanctuary that is well-appointed and fully-equipped with all of the furnishings and gear that one might need for their erotic adventure. Other amenities include the indoor, heated pool and 14 mostly-forested acres of privacy as well as beautiful grounds and trails to enjoy.

I also offer Consultations as a member of the Kink and BDSM Communities for over 25 years, 15 of which were spent as a Professional Dominatrix. 

InnThrall began in Seattle in 2015 and moved to Pennsylvania to scale the business one month prior to lockdowns in February 2020. We fell through every crack there was for financial relief and I had to pivot the entire business model. InnThrall has been operating Contactlessly since September, 2020 and has navigated its way through the pandemic without compromising Guest or Staff safety. 

I look forward to meeting everyone here! Kathleen - InnKeeper www.InnThrall.com 

InnThrall, Your Kinky Bed and Breakfast since 2015 

InnThrall is founded on the principle that one of the kindest things that you can do for someone is to give them a safe space and permission to explore.
Message 10 of 43

Truly a unique business. I can only imagine the attention to detail you'd have to have to operate within certain safety measures. Congratulations for surviving the Covid.

Conn Hutzell
Message 11 of 43

Hello everyone, My name is Zimar Manigault. I run a small fleet of mobile video game arcades (The Ultimate Video Game Bus). for the most part our services  are hired to homes, parks and business locations for a private video game arcade experience. I've been using Square for close to 7 years now. I'm very happy with the service. I'm looking to grow the company next year (covid changed a lot of companies, and yes it slowed the growth of mine as well, however at least I'm still hear and profitable.

20201020_185539_01.jpg20210307_124416.jpgExterior 1.jpgInterior 1.jpg

Message 12 of 43
Admin

Wow @zimarm5, as a video game fan, I love this! 🎮🕹

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 13 of 43

Thanks,  I play all the time.

Message 14 of 43
Super Seller

This looks amazing!!!! My nephews would go nuts for this. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 15 of 43

Thanks Doran. Are you located in Los Angeles? 

Message 16 of 43
Admin

This might be the coolest thing i have ever seen! How do you power all of the monitors and gaming systems?

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 17 of 43

We have a large commercial diesel powered generator installed. It's the same one the large RVs use.

Message 18 of 43
Super Seller

Hi @ElisabethB excited to have access to another group with Square - I own MudFire a community access clay maker space - for leisure and for those running their own small businesses selling ceramic work.

Our most financially profitable offering right now is our date nights or individual one-time classes. A lot of people have gained curiosity about pottery during the pandemic and viewing of Great Pottery Throw Down on HBO from BBC and we are booking solid - 1-3 months in advance which is helping offset pandemic closure losses.

We are capital building and hunting for a second space (not going well in this real-estate market).

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 19 of 43

Awesome Deanna, where are you located (City, State)? This sounds fantastic. 

Message 20 of 43
Super Seller

Decatur GA (just outside of Atlanta)

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 21 of 43