x
Super Seller

What do you like to do when not working on your business?

Hey Seller Community!

I figured I would ask a question today to get this new group kick-started!

What's your favourite pass-time or activity to do when you are not working on your business?

giphy

Super excited to see your responses!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Admin

Great question, @MJD! I don't run a business, but when I'm not working I like painting & other creative pursuits, reading, watching a bit of TV, and playing video games. I probably have too many hobbies, lol. How about you? 

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 2 of 20
Super Seller

What's your favourite thing to watch on TV? (looking for something new to watch)

I love to go hiking personally, as well as learning new programming languages and building the things that come into my mind through technology!

Thanks so much for your response : )

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 20
Admin

Recently we've enjoyed Severance on Apple TV and From on Epix (even though that might be the dumbest TV show name ever! 🙃). Really excited that Stranger Things comes back this weekend, and looking forward to watching the new Obi-wan show, too! I'm pretty into sci-fi, mystery, and horror, in case that's not obvious, lol. 🤓
@AdamB am I forgetting anything else we watched lately that was good?

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 4 of 20
Admin

That's all I can recall of what we actually liked. Oh, we also watched Outer Range on Amazon Prime, but it was kind of hit or miss.
Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 5 of 20
Super Seller

So hyped to find time to watch Stranger Things… might have to save it to watch on my flight to Turkey in a months time 👀

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 6 of 20
Super Seller Alumni

This new season is the scariest yet!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 7 of 20
Super Seller

Hi @MJD I'm currently watching The Wilds, Yellowjackets, Workin Moms and in spare time on non-business things I recently invigorated a hobby of jewelry making. I don't have a lost-wax casting set-up - my true love outside of clay. But, I set up a station for polishing, stone setting, and sanding hoping to incorporate some ceramic porcelain pieces with stones/cabochons. I also love to bake - I make a treat every few weeks for the studio team - last week was cinnamon rolls 🙂

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 8 of 20
Super Seller

This sounds really cool @MudFire_Deanna!

Thanks for your response 😎

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 9 of 20
Admin

@MudFire_Deanna, I'd love to see pics of your handmade jewelry! I have a couple of handmade items that incorporate pottery/ceramic and they are so unique! 😍

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 10 of 20
Super Seller Alumni

Reading, of course! But I also love gardening, hiking, bumming it at the beach, going to concerts, I'm a very amateur hobby photographer, binge-watching tv shows, art, and crafts 🙂

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 11 of 20

What kind of books do you like to read? One of the things that lets me stay focused while I do monotonous jobs is listening to books. It makes the chores so much less dreadful. 🙂

Message 12 of 20
Super Seller

@MJD  Well almost all of my free time is spent being active, which includes playing tennis, running, biking, swimming. Down time is spent camping and relaxing in the sun with my dog. Oh yeah and also play the drums and love live music.

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 13 of 20

I'm a leisure travel advisor ... and when I'm not arranging travel for clients, chances are I'm out traveling to some super cool destination   After all, it's market research and my job!   

Message 14 of 20

When I’m not running my paintball field I love to spend time with my family. We play lots of board games, blacksmith, and wander the woods when we’re not relaxing in the house with the dogs. A few times a year I close my field to go to other paintball events. It’s great to make connections with others who enjoy the sport. 

Message 15 of 20

Hi!  What I like to do is listen to audio books and watch programs on BritBox and I am a big fan of all the new Star Wars and Star Trek series.  I love to travel and just entertained on a transatlantic cruise with Lipsology and then got to spend a week at the final destination in Amsterdam.  I also garden when I have time so my garden has lots of weeds to pull when I'm out taking care of it.

Message 16 of 20

I am an artist (face painter) for a living, in my spare time I love to do other art. Canvas painting, crochet, etc. I also love to read and spend time with my grandkids

Message 17 of 20

I, myself? There's so much that is business. I would have to say taking the time to open the KJV Bible and reread another 50 pages directly out of it and then contemplate for a bit, lightly read news articles, try to talk to friends and family, or challenge someone to a game of chess or a mutual puzzle solver on a tabletop. Then, as well to read part of a history book. For myself I allow fun and business to intermingle and co-exist. I also like to relax while playing www.play.net/dr among friends or planning out a new adventure for others to explore history with on www.rpgcrossing.com. Then there is also of course my deep love for writing lyrical poetry for my established bands in the music industry. 🙂 As for TV... I consider it such a chore, you HAVE to sit through advertising and I truly dislike the high amounts of horror in it. The few times I bothered with Netflix or Disney I found little value in either one. I'd rather be out exercising if I had a choice.

Message 18 of 20
Beta Member

We have six special needs dogs with various conditions.  Taking care of them takes up a lot of my time. I enjoy local road trips, usually to try out new ice cream shops specifically small businesses that make their own products.

Message 19 of 20
Super Seller

When I am not working, I like to cook and find a new recipe. I also go to the gym or go for a run or walk and grab coffee.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 20 of 20