x
Beta Member

Send receipt after transaction from customer display

Hi,

We have a Square Register with the customer display attached to the front. 

I know that there is a setting to turn on a setting so customers can send themselves a receipt from the customer screen but most of our customers don't need one so we show the loyalty signup screen instead.

On the occasion a customer asks for a receipt we have to go to Transactions, then go to their order, and either ask them to say their email address/phone number and we type it in on the order, or we turn the register around and they type it in themselves. This is less than ideal.

Is there a way to trigger the receipt screen to come up on the customer display for a past transaction so they can enter their details themselves? 

Cheers

Joel

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi Joel 👋 thanks for your post. 

Currently, the only way to reprint or find a receipt is to search for it in the transaction history. I understand that this process may not be as efficient as you would like, especially when customers request receipts after the transaction.

While there isn't a direct feature to trigger the receipt screen on the customer display for past transactions, I think that this is a good idea and I would suggest filing a feature request with these details - it helps highlight why a given feature request should be prioritised.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content