The ability to schedule recurring payments via Virtual Terminal has been highly-requested feature, so we're excited to share its release with you!
Streamline and automate your recurring payments right from your computer with Virtual Terminal. Save time, get paid on time, improve your cash flow, and enhance customer relationships by easily scheduling recurring quick-charge or itemized payments for your repeat customers.
The only requirement to process your first recurring payment is to add or charge a customer's Card on File.
To get started:
- Sign in to the Virtual Terminal section of your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Take a Payment.
- Select Quick Charge to charge a custom amount, or select Itemized Sale to add an item, modifier, discount, and tax to the sale.
- Add a Customer Card on File or select an existing one.
- Click Make this a recurring payment.
- Select a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly interval, and add a unit — such as every two weeks, or every three months.
- Choose whether to end the recurring series on a specific date, after a certain number of payments, or never.
- Click Save.
- Review the recurring payment details, then click Charge to confirm.
Note: The processing fee for Card on File is 2.2%.
Visit our Support Centre to learn more about processing recurring payments in Virtual Terminal.
Thanks for reading, and please comment below to join the discussion!