x
Square

Important update to your coupons on Square Online

Hi Sellers! ๐Ÿ‘‹

If you have existing coupons on Square Online, we wanted to notify you of some upcoming changes to your coupons on Square Online. Starting on March 25, 2024, creating and managing coupons is moving from your Square Online dashboard to Square Marketing, our product suite of marketing automation tools.

This change will allow you to manage and edit coupons in one central locationโ€”whether for your online website or email campaigns.

Here is whatโ€™s changing: 

• Existing coupons - Any existing coupons created within Square Online will no longer be active starting March 25, 2024. Youโ€™ll need to recreate those as new coupons within Square Marketing. 
  • New coupons - Any new coupons will need to be created in Square Marketing, not within your Square Online dashboard.
  • Supported coupon types - You can offer coupons for $ or % off for all items or at the category or item level, as well as coupons for free shipping or delivery. 
  • Limiting coupon usage per customer* - To apply limits to a coupon per customer, youโ€™ll need to use the โ€œOffer a couponโ€ template in Square Marketingโ€”a paid feature.

Creating and managing coupons in Square Marketing is free and does not require a subscription. For enhanced features such as creating personalized coupons and sending coupons in Square Marketing emails, upgrade to a paid subscription.

If you have existing coupons, we recommend that you take action immediately and recreate these Coupons in Square Marketing to minimize disruptions to your business. 

If you have not created coupons using Square Online, you do not need to take any action at this time. 

To learn more about creating coupons using Square Marketing, read this help article

Have questions about how this change affects you? Comment below and let us know.

Kelsey
Product Manager, Marketing
Learn more about Square Marketing
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

This new update for coupons is NOT working for us.

They seem to only allow a year for redemption, so it won't let me set a proper expiration date. (It will let you, but if you refresh once saved its changed all the expiry dates!)

Then it won't let you edit any coupons. So all the coupons I moved over, and put time and effort into, now need to be deleted and remade because the expiration dates got all messed up.

We had previously sent out numerous coupons that are very much intended for one use only.

Since they are already handed out, it is pretty much impossible for me to rescind them. This could cost us hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

Can square get their **** together to fix this asap? Is anyone else insanely frustrated by these updates, which aren't updates?! 

It boggles me they think taking away a feature that existed already is ok.  

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi, @arboristsupply- Thanks for reaching out to the Square Seller Community.

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread which discusses the recent updates to Square Online coupons. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Firstly, I'd like to make sure you've seen our Community Etiquette Guidelines. We ask that members be respectful and collaborative, and approach interactions here from a place of curiosity. In your post above, your use of profanity does not fall within these guidelines.

We know that sometimes tone can be misconstrued in online interactions, and we want to make sure that The Community is a collaborative environment where anyone can ask or answer a question and expect a respectful response. While it's okay to be frustrated or disagree, please keep these guidelines in mind during future interactions and posts. Thank you for your attention and understanding.

Now that we've got that out of the way, you can limit the coupon use to one per customer. Youโ€™ll need to use the โ€œOffer a couponโ€ template in Square Marketing, which is a paid feature. To learn more about creating coupons using Square Marketing, read this help article.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Hi Violet,

my apologies, for my implied profanity, i'm just very frustrated.

Since the promo codes were already made, I cannot make a new one within the template, as they already possess the one singular coupon code, and I don't have a way to take that back. So well thats good for future use, it does me absolutely no good for current use.

Any other work arounds?

thanks

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Also very frustrated about this. They keep making updates to things that don't need updating, and the updates are worse. The coupons is one thing, the email marketing has been the most frustrating switch over- not consistent, website can't integrate for people signing up to it, and the design feature is so bad--the old one is so much better.

Message 5 of 5