x
Admin

[Improved] Deliver up to 10 miles using on-demand delivery

Exciting news! We’ve made some updates to on-demand delivery so you can reach even more customers. 

When you sign up for on-demand delivery and use DoorDash as your courier provider you can offer delivery to customers up to 10 miles from your business ($1 per additional mile after 5 miles). 

With on-demand delivery from DoorDash you can enjoy commission-free delivery of 5 miles or less for only $6.99* plus a $1.50 Square dispatch fee per order.

*For sellers located in California delivery for 5 miles or less is $8.99. Delivery up to 10 miles does not apply to businesses located in Manhattan.

Create a free Square Online ordering page and try on-demand delivery to get reliable delivery using professional couriers today: https://weebly.com/app/square-sync/auth/square?onboarding_type=self-serve-ordering

Already have a Square Online ordering page?

Learn how you can use on-demand delivery: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6925-on-demand-delivery-faq

Message 1 of 42
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: [Improved] Deliver up to 10 miles using on-demand delivery

@MAXSDELI @TripleC @grovetealounge @Karemrg @HaleyRay @Pythagoras101 

Updating this thread to say that this delivery radius extension is now available and enabled for all sellers. You can read about how to set up "On-Demand Delivery" in our support article: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6925-on-demand-delivery-faq 

41 REPLIES 41

This is great! When does this go into effect for current users?

Message 2 of 42
Admin

@HaleyRay We are slowly rolling this out for all sellers. Once it has fully rolled out, you will be automatically opted-in. Any seller who has On-Demand Delivery enabled and Doordash as their courier will get the extended radius of up to 10 miles. I will update this thread once the rollout is complete! 😁

Message 3 of 42

we would love to advertise this to our customers! how will we be notified when this rollout is completed? 

Message 4 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Notifications will be sent via email @Pythagoras101

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 42
Beta Member

Also note they give the entire tip to the driver.  We have had 50.00 tips go to a drive that drove 3 blocks.

Message 6 of 42
Beta Member

Yes! When does this go in effect for current users?! 

Message 7 of 42
Admin

@Karemrg We are slowly rolling this out for all sellers. Once it has fully rolled out, you will be automatically opted-in. Any seller who has On-Demand Delivery enabled and Doordash as their courier will get the extended radius of up to 10 miles. I will update this thread once the rollout is complete! 😁

Message 8 of 42
Beta Member

If this is a staggered rollout, how will we know when it's activated for us, specifically? Obviously, so we can also update our customers.

Essentially wondering if we have to wait until it's rolled out for everyone or if will we get a head's up when it's rolled out for us?

Message 9 of 42
Admin

@Karemrg There will be email notifications going out and I will also update this thread once 100% have access. 

Message 10 of 42
Beta Member

So I should get a specific notification from Square indicating the new delivery radius has gone into effect, correct?

Message 11 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Yes, you will get an email from Square @Karemrg

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 42
Beta Member

We will have so many customers excited to hear this!

Is this currently available? And if so, who shoulders the cost burden of the additional mileage - our customers or us?

currently, our customers pay the delivery fee and the dispatch fee. I would choose to pass the additional mileage cost on to my customers, but don’t see a way to select that as an option with how the current settings are listed in our online store

Message 13 of 42
Admin

@grovetealounge We are slowly rolling this out for all sellers. Once it has fully rolled out, you will be automatically opted-in. Any seller who has On-Demand Delivery enabled and Doordash as their courier will get the extended radius of up to 10 miles. I will update this thread once the rollout is complete! 😁

To answer your question about "who shoulders the cost burden," It's based on how you set up your delivery fees. For example, you can configure your delivery fee so customer pays the full fee and the customer would pay for the additional mileage. However, if you offer free delivery over a certain amount then the seller would pay for additional mileage.

Message 14 of 42
Beta Member

You can pass it on. But be carefull the system gives 100 percent of the tips to the driver. All of it.. your staff will not be tipped

Message 15 of 42
Beta Member

How do we opt in for this?

Message 16 of 42
Admin

@TripleC We are slowly rolling this out for all sellers. Once it has fully rolled out, you will be automatically opted-in. Any seller who has On-Demand Delivery enabled and Doordash as their courier will get the extended radius of up to 10 miles. I will update this thread once the rollout is complete! 😁

Message 17 of 42
Super Seller

Nice! How do I go about adding this option to our account or current site?

http://eatatmaxs.square.site 

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 18 of 42
Admin

@MAXSDELI @TripleC @grovetealounge @Karemrg @HaleyRay @Pythagoras101 

An update for everyone: The DoorDash radius extension has been rolled out to all sellers who had "On-Demand Delivery" enabled before September 28, 2022. For those who enabled after this date, we are still working on it! We will keep this thread updated!

Message 19 of 42
Super Seller

Thanks Ryan.

So, to be clear, if a customer lives within 10 miles of MAX’S DELI and chooses Delivery, we’re good to go?

Nice!

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 20 of 42
Admin

@MAXSDELI Yes, as long as Doordash is the courier. 😁

Message 21 of 42