x
Admin

How do you celebrate business milestones? ๐ŸŽ‰

Happy Wednesday, folks ๐Ÿ’–

For all businesses, itโ€™s important to stay on top of your goals and track your progress to see how much it has grown. But something @MudFire_Deanna said last week really resonated with me โ€” itโ€™s important to keep track of business milestones and celebrate them too! Doing so can help boost morale and create a sense of pride.

Weโ€™d love to know:

How do you celebrate business milestones?

What kind of milestones do you celebrate โ€” is it just anniversaries or also when youโ€™re exceeding sales and revenue goals? Do you celebrate with your team only, or do you also host special events in-store for customers?

Canโ€™t wait to read all your replies below! ๐ŸŽ‰

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Super Seller

Love this question! I set goals regularly in the business. When my staff and I hit those goals, I take everyone out for a staff day. I will also get gifts for the team ($30 per person) for smaller wins. I used to do cash bonuses but I don't find those are as impactful as taking everyone out for 2 hours.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 2 of 16
Admin

LOVE this idea of a staff day! ๐Ÿ‘

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 3 of 16
Admin

So interesting to hear that cash bonuses didn't have the same impact as taking everyone out for the day. And I love the idea of celebrating smaller wins as well โค๏ธ

Tra
Message 4 of 16
Super Seller

We love to celebrate! In the Summer we have garden parties for free- a nice chance for community to come together. We love to hold staff thank you events 2-3 times a year as well. My biz partner and I celebrate by doing fun things together like concerts 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 5 of 16
Admin

The summer garden parties sound so fun โ˜€๏ธ! It reminds me of my favourite vintage shop in Dublin, Om Diva. The owner Ruth loves hosting street parties in the summer and they bring such life to the street. 

Tra
Message 6 of 16
Admin

The real question is, who are your favorite bands you like to see perform live?

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 7 of 16
Super Seller

We did a 10 days of staff appreciation just before our holiday break instead of a traditional party - it was super fun - we got silly things like ice cream and rootbeer, boba tea, ice cream and toppings, mall pretzels, a cookie cake, etc...our Gen Z staffers were especially appreciative of not being required to attend a work party to be thanked ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

For personal business milestones - I normal get a treat of a new pair of boots from Taft @tranguyen or a tattoo ๐Ÿ˜. We try to always have a gratitude practice ongoing for the successes so that when things like our new water line main this week happen it doesn't overemphasize the bad in favor of all of the good!!! I think it is easy especially for those of us who weathered the pandemic to remember how that felt and dwell a bit instead of celebrating the day to day and setting new milestone goals helps us to keep the positive momentum. My current goal is 10% of weekly profit into a savings account for my down payment to buy our current building. ๐Ÿ’—

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 8 of 16
Admin

Love all of this and also so cool to see another Taft fan! Their boots are incredible!

Wishing you good luck on your savings goal too, that is amazing!! ๐Ÿ‘โค๏ธ

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 9 of 16
Super Seller

I have 4 pair - navy suede, gold floral brocade, silver bird brocade, and a custom pair with the floral toile leather and lug sole for the studio wear and tear - the regular soles are just for date night and special events like the time I got to speak at a Square event ๐Ÿ˜‰.

Nice to see another fan here too @maxpete 

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 10 of 16
Admin

Fresh! Yeah, I have the the Eden and only wear them in special occasions, but they're so nice!

Maybe a future Square meetup, we can rock our Tafts!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 11 of 16
Super Seller

This sounds awesome. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 12 of 16
Admin

I love all of this so much @MudFire_Deanna ๐ŸŒŸ! Also just searched what Taft boots look like and now I need to see how I can get my hands on a pair. I've always been a Blundstone gal myself โ€” you need all the waterproof gears you can get when you are living in Ireland ๐Ÿ˜‚

Tra
Message 13 of 16
Seller Community Mentor

We're a mom and pop shop, no employees.  We don't really set goals to achieve, but we do measure our success by maintaining performance - are we at or exceeding last year?  And if not, why?  In 2023 we didn't match the year before, however, in 2022, we had some huge installs that are once-in-a-couple-decades kind, so they greatly boosted our sales.  We don't see them often.  If I took them out of the picture, 2023 was a win over 2022 and each year before.  We've seen significant growth each year, by 25K or more in sales and this business has been open since 2017 - our longest HVAC business.  We don't 'celebrate' those wins, we're just super thankful for them.  God has blessed us and afforded us opportunities to bless others and travel.

Co-Owner/Office Manager
Arctic Heat
Boulder, MT
Message 14 of 16
Admin

It's always good to be thankful for the wins too! Glad to hear that business is going well ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 15 of 16
Admin

So glad to hear your business is growing ๐ŸŽ‰

Tra
Message 16 of 16